Fox News cuts ties with journalist Eric Bolling amid sexual misconduct claims; his son dies hours later
Monday, September 11, 2017
On Friday,announced they no longer employed journalist , amid sexual misconduct claims against him. Hours later on Friday night, his son Eric Chase Bolling died at the age of 19.
Eric Bolling worked with Fox News for at least ten years and was one of the hosts of the television program.
In August, the network suspended Bolling, when ajournalist Yashar Ali reported that Bolling sent female colleagues lewd text messages. He filed a -million lawsuit against Ali, alleging defamation. On Friday, Fox News announced Bolling had left. They are also cancelling Fox News Specialists.
Hours later, Bolling's son and only child Eric Chase, a CNN's .sophomore, died at the age of 19. A family friend said the boy would be autopsied as the cause of death is not yet determined. Fox News expressed their condolences as did other journalists, including
The late, one of the channel founders, and another journalist were also fired from Fox News following sexual misconduct claims against them.
- Karen Butler. "Eric Bolling 'devastated' by son's death at 19" — , September 10, 2017
- "Son of ex-Fox News host Eric Bolling dies in Colorado" — , September 10, 2017
- Brian Stelter. "Eric Bolling's son dies hours after father loses Fox News job" — , September 9, 2017
- David Bauder and Tali Arbel. "Fox News host Eric Bolling out; had been under suspension" — , September 8, 2017
- Jackie Wattles. "Journalist says Fox News host Eric Bolling's lawsuit doesn't scare him" — , August 13, 2017