Harry Browne, former US presidential candidate and best selling author, dead at age 72
Thursday, March 2, 2006
Harry Browne, two-time US Libertarian Party presidential nominee and best-selling author died of Lou Gehrig's disease in his home in Franklin, Tennessee, Wednesday night, 1 March 2006. He was born 17 June 1933 in New York City and grew up in Los Angeles, California.
He was the Public Policy Director for DownsizeDC.org and was a consultant to the Permanent Portfolio family of mutual funds.
He is also know for his articles (including those on LewRockwell.com) and books including:
- "How You Can Profit from the Coming Devaluation"
- "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World"
- "You Can Profit from a Monetary Crisis"
- "Why Government Doesn't Work"
- "The Great Libertarian Offer."
He is survived by his wife Pamela Lanier Wolfe Browne and his daughter Autumn.
- Associated Press. "Presidential Candidate Harry Browne Dies" — , March 2, 2006
- "Harry Browne, Libertarian candidate, dies" — , March 2, 2006
- Robert B. Bluey. "Harry Browne, RIP" — , March 2, 2006
- Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.. "Harry Browne, RIP" — , March 2, 2006