Huge explosions in Tianjin, China
Thursday, August 13, 2015
The Chinese news agency reports that there have been two massive explosions within seconds of each other, at about 11:30 p.m. local time, in a warehouse in the port of Dongjiang in , a city of 15 million, near Beijing, in north-east China.
At least thirteen people have been killed and between 250 and 400 people injured. Two firefighters are also believed to be missing at the scene. Mobile phone footage taken by locals shows a large fireball in the Binhai New Area of the city. The warehouse is thought to belong RuiHai Logistics, and may have been storing explosives.
The two blasts were significant enough to register approximately magnitude 2.3 and 2.9 on the seismic scale as reported by the.
- Mu Xuequan. "Warehouse blast rocks N China port city, at least 50 wounded" — , August 13, 2015
- "China blasts: Casualties as Tianjin warehouse blows up" — , August 13, 2015
- Kazunori Takada. "Huge explosions in China's Tianjin kill seven, injure 180: Xinhua" — , August 12, 2015
- "Explosions in Chinese city of Tianjin kill at least 17 and injure hundreds" — , August 12, 2015
- Heather Chen. "China explosions: Tianjin blasts 'on seismic scale'" — , 13 August 2015