Mobile ringtone tops the UK singles chart
Sunday, May 29, 2005
In a true sign of the times, a mobile phone ringtone has topped the UK singles chart. The Crazy Frog ringtone, long marketed to children and teenagers was last week launched as a single - and promptly proved more popular than both Coldplay's comeback release, Speed of Sound and last weeks number one by Oasis.
The Crazy Frog ringtone has been marketed in Britain, and throughout Europe, by German firm Jamster! It is primarily marketed by multiple TV adverts on music channels which are targeted at teenagers and kids.
- "Crazy Frog hops to chart success" — , May 29, 2005
- "A ringtone soars to top of charts in Britain" — , May 27, 2005
- "So how did this happen?" — , May 28, 2005
- Axelfrog.com - Official website of the single
- Crazy Frog Axel F - Company press release
- Jamster.com - Official website of Jamster