Sea lion walks from beach into Pantai Inn in California
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Last Tuesday early morning, a sea lion walked from the beach into Pantai Inn in California. The animal was rescued by local animal rescue authorities. Wikinews took an interview from Shane Pappas, a General Manager of the inn.,
((Wikinews)) At what time of day did the sea lion enter the Inn?
- Shane Pappas: Surveillance footage shows that our sea lion friend made her way onto our property at approximately 5:45am on Tuesday morning. She waddled through our courtyard and climbed up onto one of our lounge chairs.
((WN)) How long did he stay in the Inn before he was moved out of the building?
- Shane Pappas: The sea lion was not seen by our staff until about 6:30am. At that point my front desk agent Veronica made frantic calls to the authorities to find someone to come rescue the sea lion. By the time we got a hold of they were able to come and rescue her at around 9:45am. All told the sea lion was here for about four hours.
((WN)) What do you think attracted the animal? Was it the radio sound? Was it heard as far as the beach?
- Shane Pappas: We're not sure what attracted the sea lion. We like to think that it was the beauty and relaxation of our courtyard. In regards to the radio sound I'm not sure what you are referring to.
((WN)) Who and how transported the animal out of the building?
- Shane Pappas: A gentleman named Bill who is a rescue worker with Sea World came out to rescue the pup. He asked if I would assist in the rescue which I was more than happy to do. It's not every day that you get to rescue a sea lion.
((WN)) Where was the animal transported to?
- Shane Pappas: The sea lion was loaded into a crate on a truck and transported back to Sea World. She will be kept there for six weeks so that she can be nursed back to health and returned to the wild.
- "Sea lion pup waddles into luxury California hotel" — , March 28, 2013