Talk:Interview with Tony Ciufo, City Council candidate for Ward 10 in Mississauga, Canada
RAW INTERVIEW TEXT
OTHER CANDIDATES ONLY
- What qualities or experiences do you possess, that make you more desirable than the incumbent?
With me, comes 30 years of business management experience. I have owned an operated my own company for over twelve years. At this time I am a consultant for a Bakery Wholesale company acting as their National Account Manger to increase their sales and marketing within the market place. I am also part owner of a Marketing and Sales Agency that markets a variety of product across Canada. I am honest, trustworthy, and committed to any and all projects I undertake.
- Why do you want to represent your ward on council?
My commitment and passion for this great city, and determination to make positive changes within our community are what motivate me to become the First Ward 10 Councillor.
Of the decisions made by council since the last election, which one would you have changed, and why?
One of the decisions made by council which I would have changed in council during the time that Churchill Meadows Area plan was approved. The size of the streets that were approved in my mind are to narrow for the area which case many problem with parking with in the area.
- How are you currently involved in the community?
I currently involved with Charities in support Credit Valley Hospital, Vita Manor and Chelsea Park Nursing Home.
Member of Churchill Meadows Residents Association
Member of the Peel Multicultural Community Association
Member of the ICA (International Prevention through Environment Design Association)
- Many councillors are quite seasoned in the civic political process. What could you bring to the table as a "rookie", above and beyond the current roster of councillors?
What I feel that I bring to the table is my ability to think outside of the box. I also feel that I am good people person.
- List the three most important issues in your campaign, and briefly explain why these are important.
Public Transportation for Mississauga and Peel Residents
We need more buses in Ward 10 to ensure our residents are able to use the system to get to work and home with efficiency.
Maintain a safe Family environment in our Parks and School Areas.
We need better lit parks so our residents can feel free to walk them at night. To maintain safe school area I a looking at investing the possibility of placing speed bumps in front of all school zones and any other
Fair employment practices within the City and Region.
What one election issue do you feel is most relevant to your ward in this election?
The issue of maintaining a safe Family environment within our parks and school areas is I feel is the most relevant to Ward 10 in this election.
What vision do you have, for what you ward should look like?
Safe family environments where we can enjoy the use of our community facilities and watch our families grow.
- What service is most lacking in Mississauga?
The service that I feel that needs improvement on is better transportation system for our residents in regards to commuting to and from work. We have to investigate transportation which would relieve the pressure placed on our bus system.
- The city recenty released a study regarding transforming the City Hall and area. How do you feel about these plans? (regards THE MISSISSAUGA NEWS, "City vision taking", shapehttp://www.mississauga.com/mi/news/story/3680184p- 4254758c.html)
I feel that it is about time that we do something to beautify our city core. So, I am for the plans set forth by Councillors regarding transforming the City Hall area.
- How do you feel about Mississauga's rate of expansion?
I feel that Mississauga has grown at a healthy rate of expansion.
- Why should businesses be attracted to locating in Mississauga?
New business should be attracted so we can keep our residents employed and also to increase our tax base helping to maintain our taxes as it relates to residential Taxes.
- How could Mississauga further itself in attracting corporate investment?
Mississauga could further itself in attracting corporate investment by making attractive for corporate client more aware of the amenities that Mississauga offers such as a International Airport, four major Highways and other Fortune five hundred company Headquarter in Mississauga.
- Why have you chosen to involve yourself in the political process?
My Commitment and passion for this great City, and my determination to make positive changes are what motivate me to become the first Ward 10 Councillor.
- What does Mississauga mean to you? This year marks 50 years since I first stepped foot in this wonderful country Canada… and I proud that I am a Canadian Citizen, and more so, a resident of Mississauga for the past 20 years.