Technology innovations unveiled on Research at Intel Day 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
The "2008 Research @ Intel Day" showcased conceptual innovations in the fields of visual computing, wireless, health care, environment, and life sciences.
Technology related to mobile computing, green technology, WiMAX and wireless networking, solutions for healthcare with SHIMMER and BioMOBIUS technology, an intelligent identification robot named "BarKeep", and Platform Power Management, were showcased there.
In the keynote address, Justin Rattner, Intel Senior Fellow and Corporate Vice President and director of Intel's Corporate Technology Group, introduced the history of microprocessors and said: "Parallel Computing will be a critical factor on programming for the best experience to users."
|This is a complete or partial translation of the article "2008英特爾研發日 展現未來運算趨勢", from the Chinese language Wikinews, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.|
- "Intel Research Day – Keynote (Live)" — , June 11, 2008
- Press Release: "Intel 'Show and Tell' Highlights 70 Projects, Offers Glimpse of Computing Future" — , June 11, 2008
- Erin Bell. "Intel unveils 70 projects that are likely to impact future innovation" — , June 12, 2008
- "Video: Intel research teams show off new ideas, innovations" — , June 12, 2008
- Elsa Wenzel, James Martin. "Intel's future tech for robots, health care, PCs" — , June 13, 2008
- David Stellmack. "Intel holds Research at Intel Day" — , June 13, 2008