Two major political parties protest placards used in Armenian-Turkish journalist's funeral
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Thousands of people marched in Dink's Funeral to protest his assassination, holding placards that read "We are all Armenian" and "We are Hrant Dink" in both Turkish, Kurdish and Armenian.
|a freak show organized by those who do not participate in martyr funerals|
A party council member of CHP, a relatively leftist political party, said "we became ashamed of being Turkish. I am Turkish and I protest the assassination. ... The placards that say "assassin 301" are also wrong. As long as we do not want to denigrate Turkishness, we cannot call 301 an assassin. ..."
- Article 301 is a controversial censorship article of the Turkish penal code that makes it a crime to "insult Turkishness".
- "Militant group 'protests' placards used in Armenian-Turkish journalist's funeral" — Wikinews, January 25, 2007
- "Murdered journalist Hrant Dink feared for safety: brother" — Wikinews, January 22, 2007
- "Suspected assassin of Turkish-Armenian journalist arrested" — Wikinews, January 21, 2007
- "Turkish-Armenian journalist killed in Turkey" — Wikinews, January 19, 2007
- "'Ermeni' sözüne bile tahammül yok (No tolerance even for the word 'Armenian')" — , January 25, 2007