US Secret Service officer arrested during prostitution sting
Monday, November 10, 2008
A United States Secret Service officer has been arrested in Washington, D.C. after allegedly soliciting a prostitute for sex. The prostitute turned out to be an undercover D.C. police officer. The Secret Service officer was using his official Secret Service patrol car, which was marked, and was also in full uniform at the time of the arrest.
The unnamed Secret Service officer, a sergeant, was arrested after allegedly agreeing to pay the undercover police officer US$20 to receive oral sex. After agreeing on a price, the undercover officer told the Secret Service officer to drive around the corner, where the sex act would take place. When he stopped his car, he was arrested by police officers.
Police say they were performing a normal sting when the Secret Service officer pulled up. The unnamed officer thought the Secret Service officer was going to tell her to get off the streets, but instead told the officer that she had "nice thighs".
In D.C., soliciting a prostitute for sex holds a maximum sentence of 180 days in jail. The Secret Service officer was released pending charges and was suspended from his job pending an internal investigation.
- "Secret Service Agent Arrested in Prostitution Sting" — , November 10, 2008
- "Secret Service Officer Nabbed In Sex Sting" — , November 10, 2008
- "Secret Service Officer Arrested in Prostitution Sting" — , November 10, 2008
- "Secret Service officer nabbed in prostitution sting" — , November 10, 2008
- "Secret Service Officer in Sex Sting" — , November 10, 2008