Brandon, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!Cirt 21:14, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
February 10, 2008
It's gonna be tough to stay on top of all of the secondary sources... :) Cirt 06:21, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
For your contributions to Wikinews international report: "Anonymous" holds anti-Scientology protests worldwide
Anonymous Protests (March 15)
I noticed you attended the previous “anonymous” protests for Wikinews. Will you be able to cover the March 15 protests? Please be aware that preparation for the March 10 protest is being coordinated at this page. If you think you could report on the article for Wikinews add your name to the list.
Anonymous101 Talk 18:17, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
Have you thought about becoming more active on Wikinews and writing/contributing to articles? If you need any help or would like to collaborate on an article or something let me know at my talk page. Cheers, Cirt (talk) 02:20, 25 July 2008 (UTC)