User talk:Diego Grez-Cañete
An archive of past discussions (until February 2012) here.
- Thanks to the intervention of system administrators (see here) I have now recovered acccess to this account and I want it to be unblocked. Thank you in advance! --Diego Grez (talk) 18:07, 1 June 2014 (UTC)}}
- Done; your account has been unblocked. Welcome back. Microchip08 (talk) 18:12, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
Inactive bot on Japanese Wikipedia
Hi Diego Grez-Cañete,
I noticed that your bot on japanese Wikipedia has been inactive for more than a year. If you wish to keep its bot flag, please use once within a month. If you no longer need it, the bot flag will be removed.
Regards, -- Banku on ja.wikipedia 06:21, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
Hawaiian articles and entries for Pichilemu
Hello Diego --
I'm mostly active over at the English Wiktionary. The community there recently stumbled across the entry wikt:Pikiʻlemu. This spelling is impossible in Hawaiian phonology, so we are wondering where this spelling came from. I noticed that you were the one who created the Hawaiian Wikipedia entry for Pichilemu, and that you used this impossible spelling then.
The Wiktionary discussion is over at wikt:Wiktionary:Requests_for_verification#Piki.CA.BBlemu. Could you chime in and let us know where you got the Pikiʻlemu spelling? ‑‑ Eiríkr Útlendi │ Tala við mig 19:00, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
Cool photo on User page....
Thread on the Admin alerts area concerning you
Hej. I'm Chris, writing to you to advise that I've raised a thread for the administrator's attention, concerning a Sockpuppet investigation about you on the English Wikipedia. It's been raised purely for administrators to review and this notice is to be courteous and tell you it's happening. DaneGeld (talk) 16:03, 18 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hi. It's no secret I've been editing elsewhere as an IP since 2015. The English Wikipedia events got me pissed because I think they were unfair. But I don't even edit there so I am not really sure what is the problem with me editing anonymously. I'm not blocked anywhere but en.wiki. These sockpuppet investigations you mention failed to have any account blocked. I'm still even an admin on Sco.wiki and Mediawiki. I decided to retire voluntarily. And regarding the Simple Wikipedia article, I expected you would discuss it on the article's own merits and not because it was written by a "sock" who does not need to sock at all in that project. Sometimes ad hominem fallacies are not the best thing to use at discussions. Kind regards --18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:41, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- Looking at Djsasso's and Eptalon's comments, I understand their worrying, but they're omitting I too worked hard on the Simple Wikipedia some years ago. Labelling me only as a sockmaster or whatever you call it is disgusting. I can't control my ISP providing me dynamic IP addresses, maybe I could have added a tag on my user page claiming it's me. My sysop rights on Wikinews, if I recall correctly, were removed after another disgusting event back in 2012. Couldn't retake my account until two years later IIRC, but by then I was no longer active here and requesting my rights back would have demanded too much time from my part, devoting time to the project, when I had other real-life priorities. I have good memories from my time here, I learned a lot and improved my English. I wrote several featured articles too. On Wikipedia I also wrote several good articles, a couple featured lists and dozens of DYK. I am certainly proud of my work here. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:48, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- User:DaneGeld, please have a look. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:06, 20 January 2018 (UTC)