Rama, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Dan100 (Talk) 14:54, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- The A380 story has already been covered, you may want to edit that article instead Dan100 (Talk) 15:00, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your swift welcome ! I was about to say that I was hoping that I wouldn't goof too much in the beginning, but it turns out I already did... Sorry about this ! ^^;; I will do my best to get accustomed as fast as possible though. Thank you again ! Rama 15:10, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
thanks for fixing up. my initial issue with the article was that it appeared to have been translated from french (which i dont speak) and i suspected that some of the word choices were was not quite appropriate. Doldrums 11:24, 25 August 2006 (UTC)
- Well, my English is far from perfect -- as you may have noticed with "insisted" vs "underlined" --so thank you very much for your own work. Rama 11:57, 25 August 2006 (UTC)