Wikinews:Research Desk/Middle East
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This list of sources is too long to post on the Wikinews:Research Desk.
Israel and the Palestinian territories
- BBC Middle East
- Arab News The First English Daily Newspaper in Saudi Arabia, published simultaneously from Jeddah, Riyadh and Dhahran
- Al Jazeera, English site of controversial Arabic satellite news
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs ( at Wikipedia):
- Updates specific to occupied Palestinian territory
- occupied Palestinian territory (Asia) posted by All Sectors, All Content Types.
- ReliefWeb is hard to filter but is a digest of press releases from UN and other sources, some biased and some not
- IRIN - humanitarian news and analysis
- OCHA press releases
- WAFA Palestine News Agency - English
- UNRWA - UN aid agency staffed by Palestine refugees, largest NGO in Gaza and West Bank: news, statistics
- Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs - daily updates in English
- Palestinian Centre for Human Rights - daily English "summary of the crimes committed by Israeli Occupation Forces" - controversial
- Haaretz, Israel Daily with a respected reputation; widely read in Israel, Hebrew and English
- Jerusalem Post , English language daily; not widely read in Israel but influential in the United States; reputation as conservative (even neoconservative)
- Middle East Media Research Center news elated to Palestinian territories. An "independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501 (c)3 organization. MEMRI's headquarters is located in Washington, DC with branch offices in London, Tokyo, Rome, Baghdad and Jerusalem. MEMRI research is translated to English, German, Hebrew, Italian, French, Spanish and Japanese."