Wikinews:What Wikinews is
Wikinews is a news source written entirely by its users. It is built on certain core values:
- Wikinews is about news. Our articles are on current events, we are not in the business of writing history books or encyclopedia entries. If a story is breaking over a several day span, then multiple articles should be written on the topic.
- Wikinews is focused. That is, for clarity to the reader, stories concentrate on a single current event or phenomenon at a specific time.
- Wikinews is written from a neutral point of view. Where-ever possible, all points of view should be presented providing they are referenced and are on-topic, with appropriate context given to how widely the points of view are held.
- Wikinews is factual. Articles should deal only with facts and their verifiable consequences. There is neither conjecture nor personal opinion of the author(s).
- Wikinews is relevant. Wikinews stories reflect events that impact people and explain why their subject matter is important to readers who may be unfamiliar with the topic.
- Wikinews is both global and local. Any story can be published where-ever in the world it is from, as long as it is news.
- Wikinews is collaborative. A Wikinews story does not have one reporter as its author, the world is invited to join in and write, edit and rewrite each article to improve its content.
If you discover an article which doesn't come up to these standards, please edit that page to fix it! If there is no possibility of the page being brought up to these standards, please list it for deletion as a last resort.