Comments:'Expelled' fair use upheld
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
- Read the judgement or study copyright law a bit - my understanding is that length isn't that significant in itself, though the proportion of the original work and proportion of the new work are taken into account. Fair use has to be for commentary on the original work, without infringing on its commercial use, and may have to be sufficiently transformed to form a new work. The standard in movie work is to get a license agreement regardless of length or possible fair use defense, so this is exceptional. However, it's pretty clear that a ten second use of a recognisable piece of music in a commercial would infringe copyright and would have no fair use defense, so professionals would make sure they had a license. . Dave souza (talk) 09:10, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Creationism IS THE TRUTH
The world was created in 6 days. THAT IS THE TRUTH. People do not want God because that gives them the feeling that they are in control and so " anything they do is not their responsibility" and so then there is no accountability.. basically... "live how you want, do what you want, whatever the consequences , dont bug me about it" oh and " let there be peace!".. how on earth are you going to have peace if everyone does whatever they want, without accountability and then complain that the world is going to the dogs! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:28, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- Creationism is crackpottery, and your argument is barely coherent.
- How does having a god make you responsible for your own actions? History is littered with serial killers, rapists, and rapacious empire-builders who have used their belief as an excuse for their brutality. Where was your god? Why did he not intervene in these actions taken in his name? Living without a god means that when challenged you have no choice but to accept responsibility for your actions; this is simply a more adult approach to life.
- As to the world going to the dogs? It's no surprise when there's a bunch of cretins who think they can drive a 5mpg SUV and not worry about environmental impact because the rapture is imminent. --Brian McNeil / talk 16:37, 5 August 2008 (UTC)