Comments:Chris Benoit mystery editor confesses: claims "terrible coincidence"
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Coincidence? I think not.....
If you feel the need to cover for this gay right that is great. But the styles of writing is totally different than the one who posted before. This seems more like a rehearsed, "made to write it" message. Either way, this story is far from being over. This still deserves an investigation. Certainly, just because the anonymous source says I am sorry doesn't make it all better...now does it? And I am sorry sure hasn't stopped the FBI before. Nor should it in this case. Why choose to edit Benoit's making a lucky accident? Why not Ric Flair, Carlito or hell Vince himself. After all, Vince was supposed to be dead already lol You will not get me to believe that just because "anonymous" got the heat then I will get out of the kitchen. Good try though.
- Simple: Benoit was the one apparently going through a "family emergency", so he decided to vandalize Nancy's page. So apparently "innocent until proven guilty" really is dead. It's only "convicted in the court of public opinion". --Kitch 09:45, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Hey Kitch-it was Benoit's page changed not Nancy's. Get a clue. Don't even try to make this place worth more than it is. Yep-wrestler stops momentarily to post on Wiki about wife's death. Next thing you know, he had bigfoot with him too. LOL Please......
Let this be a lesson to everyone on Wikipedia: This is why vandalism cannot be tolerated. There is a risk of something like this turning out by coincidence to be true, and the media being left to wonder as it does if the poster might somehow be involved. --Kitch 09:43, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Kitch...is your name? Vandalize Nancy's page? Uh-no....I think not. It was Chris's page. So before calling me an idiot get your facts straight. And I highly doubt Chris Benoit would even care to visit this trash site to "vandalize it" in the middle of his "murder spree" Get real. Yeah, that's real plausable. Oh hey Nancy, wait a minute before I finish you off-I gotta post on Wikipedia about it.
Wow, it sure is easy to call others names on the internet. Makes you feel big don't it Kitch? A coincidence? That is exactly what this person wants you to think. But oh well, jump on the bandwagon. I am sure many more will follow come news time tomorrow. I bet it will make Wikipedia feel great that it was all a big hoax. Sure would explain things alot easier than someone posting knowledge on this subject. Anywho....there are more facts that will emerge as the time goes on. Obviously you are a follower in the "Chris killed his family" line. Glad I am not so easily convinced when the media tells me something. And I bet you believe Paris Hilton shouldn't have spent time in jail either. What a joke.
Maybe he should also apologize for saying Chavo Guerrero Jr. rapes kids and his tasteless edit about Stacy Keibler as well. The amusing tone of this "apology" certainly contrasts the crude style in which the edits were written. Just another obnoxious kid on the internet who is very brave...until the spotlight shines on him.
Uhh, the Stamford, CT poster took OUT the negative stuff about Chavo. Correct?
- Yes. The "culprit" had exactly one constructive edit, a revert of vandalism against the Chavo Guerrero Jr. article.Bubbaprog 09:49, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
=BUT what about this...
It's great to hear a user at the suspicious IP address coming forward. However, it still makes me think. I believe I read an article yesterday that stated that after the mysterious posting and then the mainstream media began picking up the story that the IP address was down/non-responsive/not online.
I have in the past before with my cable modem and router manually picked the IP address I wanted from my ISP even though the IP address are assigned dynamically. For example, you can just set a Linksys cable modem router to use a IP address you define as long as it is valid for your ISP and is not in use by someone else.
I am not sure of this, but POSSIBLY someone got wind of this story, changed their IP address to the one in question, and then posted this statement about how they were the one who made the original suspicious edit. That would be feasible if for example someone didn't like the news story and wanted to dismiss it as a big coincidence.
- The way the Internet is divided into subnets it would have to be a subscriber in the same area with the same ISP to attempt this. The more plausible explanation is that it is the same person, as the IP address has a history of editing Wrestling articles. --Brian McNeil / talk 07:19, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
IP addresses can be assigned by a person. I know folks who have done that with proxies, choosing what country they wanted to be in. It would be particularly easy if you were within the company where the main computer that posted it existed. Can someone clarify that you can assign any IP you want with a proxy?
Also, to the person who said how would he/she know the IP address? It's been posted right here for everyone to see! It was not secret knowledge only Wiki would know.
Last, the writing styles are totally off. Suddenly a person who posted "N" word about the baseball player, vile stuff about Kiebler, grows a conscience and the ability to write eloquently for 5 paragraphs? Get real! It's more damage control from WWE, which is probably the source of the original posts. Looks like their lawyer drafted this, they took the computer offline while it was worked on, then put it back online to post it.
It was probably a WWE staffie who didn't think and posted the original info. WWE or a coworker knew coz Chris probably confessed. Chris' phone calls are unknown; when that all comes out, we will know exactly who he called before or during the texting. It's harmful to WWE that they knew because it would prove that they really are callous jerks who didn't care, and perhaps obstructed justice. To me, this "confession" is bogus.
- Paranoia is great, it makes for great sensationalism... What your are stating (WWE did this confession) is paranoia. Wow, what an angle!... But paranoia isn't the truth, isn't facts, isn't down to earth. WWE staffie did not do anything of sorts. You make it sound like WWE is some big mafia organisation. Sure, maybe there are other text messages that they could have receive, but didn't tell the authorities. But this kind of communication is logged at the phone service provider. Authorities CAN have that, and so however would have hidden some important text messages would be accused of obstrution an investigation... WWE isn't that dumb. And I surely think that they had better things to do on that night. Sure it's possible... but let's not fall into sensationalism and paranoia.--Smumdax 18:27, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- No, I said "probably" a few times. Just bringing up the ability to change/use a false IP, like the other poster did about the Linksys router. Not saying WWE as an organization made the first postings, but perhaps a staff person.
- Second, there are the numerous, past media leaks from WWE where magazines, etc. came out with the results of a fight a week prior to the events. Was that WWE not being dumb, but saavy insead? Could be, I suppose. But who wants to watch a fight when you, as the viewer, know how it ends? This all may be moot, but I think the whole thing was newsworthy and kudos to Wiki readers, editors and admin for finding it. I think the IP cloaking discussions are also relevant and notable in this instance.
Some other comments.
Yes, the Chavo Guerreo article modifified by this person with the suspicious IP address actually removed the incorrect/spam/bad things about guerreo. (sorry for the spelling in this previous sentance).
As for the person asking about being able to change the IP address of a proxy server. You can only pick what proxy server you want to use. When you use the internet, the traffic you create appears to have generated from that proxy server. But it is up to the owner/administrator of the proxy server to change an ip address of the server. The remote user has no control to do that.
More easier options are above like I previously posted, just changing your cable modem(or whatever internet devive you use) and router to specifically use that IP address if you are technically saavy enough.
The following is only speculation: Perhaps Benoit used a VPN connection from Georgia to Stamford, CT. VPN's are often used in the corporate world for off-site employees. Possible Benoit posed using this VPN. The the VPN server in Stamford, they could have taken it down, done something?, then brought it back up and posted this message on Wikipedia.
So unfortunatly for the poster trying to "admit" that he was the poster of this suspicious message, the technial facts still make it plausable that this user really wasn't the same person who posted the original suspicious message.
The only way to make this new message from the user that this IP address a credible source is if his computer was investigated by officials/professional computer analysts. Also, if officials contacted the ISP of this IP address, I beleive the ISP by law must maintan logs of who the IP address is assigned to. There is still much technial fact checking to be done before more conclusions are jumped to.
- SeaPriestess 02:37, 30 June 2007 (UTC)ISPs must by law respond to subpoenas. A subpoena can be requested/issued in any open case (subject to objections by the subpoenee). Therefore, yes, I do believe the D.A. could get a subpoena to the ISP, if they want to do the paperwork on it. I now understand they have already taken the entire computer of the alleged poster. More relevant perhaps is the chat transcript(s) going on during the PPV event that night. Was the event Saturday night or Sunday?
- VPN connections. Our staff use AirPort cards when travelling to link to the company intranet. Is that a VPN? Then indeed, if logged in that way, it could've come from someone anywhere in the world with a WWE employee account, correct? The Australian wireless change 1/2 an hour later must be written off at this point as someone who happened to be online here, saw the change, and reverted it. Conceivably, there are that many browsing Wiki who see something new disappear and try to put it back. Is it notable that the investigators are stopping at the first editor?
This article claims to know the identity of the mystery user - the author notes in the comments they are working with ABC News to get confirmation. Might be something to keep an eye on if nothing else. 220.127.116.11 17:16, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- The police claim to know who the poster is and also to have possession of the alleged poster's computer. That article states ABCNews tried to surmise who it was from info here and other info they have (which they didn't put in the article - what could that be?), and that such person flatly denied it to ABCNews. If anonymous were as recalcitrant as they claimed to be in their revelation post here, it's a bit hard to believe they would deny it to the news. Altho, always possible, if the police asked them to avoid the press. The police will release the identity next week. Good info, just a little clarification.
chris benoit mystery editior
IS IT POSSIBLY THAT IT WAS CHRIS BENOIT WHO WAS THE MYSTERY EDITIOR???? AND THIS IS HOW HE WENT ABOUT ALERTING EVERYONE ABOUT THE DEATH OF HIS WIFE NANCY????AND THE COWARD THAT HE WAS!!. COULD THIS BE HIS WAY OF TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT IT.BECAUSE ODDLY AS IT WAS, HE DID LEAVE STRANGE TEXT MESSAGES TO SOME PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS WONDERING WHY WOULD HE SUCH A THING TO HIS FAMILY!!!!!AND STILL NO-ONE WILL EVER KNOW.NOT REALLY, SINCE THERE WAS NO SUISIDE NOTE FOUND. I THINK THIS IS, WAS CHRIS BENOIT WORK AS WELL!!how will any one ever know for sure!!another QUESTION GOES UNANSWERED!!
- If Chris Benoit was the mystery editor, he must be leaving edits on Wikinews from beyond the grave. Thanks for the all-caps, though. Bubbaprog 09:52, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
- Well they traced the edit back to Stanford, CT. So I think it was someone in the WWE.
- I think that someone killed Nancy and then hid in the house, the Benoit comes home with his son who is asleep, the person still in the house knocks out Benoit kills his son and then seats Chris on a wait machine then makes it look like a suicide.
Well, first off I'd like to say that there is a possibility that Benoit didn't do it. To make my point, I'd like to say:
1. They didn't search the property when they found the bodies. It even said it in one of the articles that they did not have an active search for suspects on the property.
2. If Benoit did not sound like his normal self on the phone, it's possible someone else was making the calls.
3. Why the txt messages? Why?
4. If Benoit were to kill Nancy, he didn't need to tie her feet and hands together. They said there was blood around her head, and so I believe that someone may have hit her on the head, then strangled her. They could then have made it look like Benoit had done it.
5. Poor Daniel, because of his size, could have been killed by nearly anyone.
and 6. No matter how big he was, or what he was thinking, I've seen weight lifting machines... It'd be quite difficult to hang yourself using a pulley chord from one of them, though not impossible. And it would be especially difficult because of his weight.
Now, I'm not going to ignorant enough as to say that he didn't do it... but it's possible that he didn't.
Thank ya'll for readin',
SeaPriestess 02:37, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
- Is this the proper place for surmising? If so, 1) study police procedure, often on matters like this deep investigation is passed up; 2) he sounded groggy and tired, not like a different person; 3) more than likely so someone would find the bodies/rescue the dogs; 4) high probability an argument led to a fight led to death and then he considered staging a break-in (alternatively it was part of the fight); 5) don't forget boy and woman were found face down - there could be psychological meaning to this clue; 6) i read anecdotal evidence off another chatboard (CourtTV) where a woman posted that's how her husband committed suicide, altho using 230 pounds of weight.
In response to A Possibility
In response to the comment made by the person who wrote a possiblity I wanted to write:
1. If someone was there who committed the murders and not Benoit then they might have already been gone but then again they never checked for foot prints or anything of that sort that might have been there. Which gave the person the chance to have either gotten away or came back when police left and cover up their tracks.
2. That's a good point but depends on what they mean by didn't sound himself. It could mean that he sounded "crazy" or did he sound like a different person (voice wise).
3. This one i thought was a good one...because it is sort of odd that a person that is committing suicide and killing his family would send his address four times to his friends. Especially since only one of the addresses was from his own phone. The rest were from Nancy's. If someone was in his house and saw him with HIS cell phone then they could have taken it off of him so he couldn't contact anyone. Seeing as how that was the first text message and the rest were from Nancy's. Then the one about the dogs from what I understand the message says the dogs were in the fenced in pool area and when the cops showed up the dogs weren't in the pool area because they had a hard time getting in the property. The remainder of the messages were from Nancy's cell phone of which he could have gotten ahold of when the person didn't see him...if there was another person...people tryed to contact him after the last message containing his address and there was no answer so therefore it could have ment that the person saw him with Nancy's cell phone. Why would a person send there address like it was an emergency like they wanted the police to show up quickly so many times in a row. And why were the dogs not in the pool area and why was the garage door open like he said in the texts.
4. Benoit wouldn't have needed to tie her hands and feet together because of how big he was anyhow. His hand was probably bigger than her throat to begin with and he most definetly was stronger than her. A person that was smaller than Benoit would have needed to hit her over the head with something to cause her to not struggle as much when tieing her up and strangling her. Benoit was a wrestler he had the strength to overcome her easily.
5. Daniel could have been killed by anyone man or woman...he probably didn't even have a clue of what was going on or what was happening. Benoit loved his son so much he worshipped him according to most articles so why would he kill his son.
6. A pulley only works one way usually especially on a weight chord. You pull down with your arms and the weights go up, and you release your arms and the weights go down. It's sort of hard for a guy that's 5'10 and wieghs 220 pounds to hang himself with a weight chord. Like this person said it's almost impossible. But nothing is impossible. If he was going to hang himself then it would have to be from someplace other than a basement because ceilings aren't that high in basements. And it would be hard if he hung himself from the weight machine for him to pull himself up on his own. Someone would have had to help him if he commited suicide. They said there was an alchohol bottle next to him in the basement so he could have been forced to drink something to that could have made him pass out and be hung.
Also Benoit said that he was tending to a family emergency and his wife and son were sick from food poisoning...which means that someone could have poisoned them and then killed them and that's why they were sick and throwing up blood. If you have anymore comments please post them i am interested in reading what other people think.
More proof that not just anybody should be able to post stuff that so many people take as fact.
IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AND YOU SAY YOU HAVE NO INVOLVMENT WITH WWE OR THE LATE GREAT BENOIT,WHY NOT SAY WHO YOU REALLY ARE .YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING,IT IS A MAJOR COINCIDENCE,A MAJOR COINCIDENCE THAT YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN AN THAT YOURE IN THE SAME TOWN AS WWE AS WELL.FUNNY BUT I REALLY DONT BELIEVE YOU AND THINK THAT NOBODY WILL BE SATISFIED UNTIL THEY FIND OUT WHO YOU REALLY ARE,WHERE DID YOU HERE THIS RUMOR,AND WHAT IS REALLY YOUR INVOLVMENT.
- I think it was Chave Guerrero. He killed his Uncle Eddie over jelousy and two years later killed his best friend for the same reason, they were getting world titles and he wasnt. The next to go in this kind of sudden way will either be Rey or Dean Malenko.
I truly do not believe in coincidences. This, I feel, was posted with prior knowledge. I, and others, have searched the internet for the rumour's about Nancy, time stamped before this posting, and we have found nothing. We would like for the person who posted the note on Nancy and Chris to make note of where (links) he/she saw these rumour's.
--18.104.22.168 12:31, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
It was Chavo Guerrero, Jr. It's obvious from the history of the IP address. He's writing this apology now because he doesn't want people to know that he wrote that other vandalism like the Ron Artest page. Come on people. He was the last person Benoit talked to via text message. The location matches. It's obvious.
I find it strange that someone from Stamford, Conneticut would know that Chris Benoit or a member of Chris Benoit's family would die before it actually happened and/or the police discovered that it happened. Maybe this anonymous person is connected; maybe this anonymous person killed Chris Benoit and his family. Were there any signs that Chris Benoit was depressed and/or suicidal? Chris Benoit seemed all right to fans; he was the US Champion then slated to become the next ECW Champion. I find it strange that a wrestler in the prime of his career and at the height of his popularity with the fans would just suddenly commit suicide. And I find it strange that one could strangle one's self with a pulldown machine. I am a powerlifter and have used many a pulldown machine; one would have to be really strong to tie a pulley with 250 lbs. loaded on it around one's neck. One would have to use two hands to tie the pulley loaded with 250 lbs. around one's neck; and one would not be able to hold the weight while tying the pulley around one's neck. And in order to accomplish this; one would have to be seated; in a standing position most pulldown machines are not that tall/high. I think that maybe Chris Benoit and his wife were murdered. Personally; I don't know what was going on in Chris Benoit's life; but as a fan this doesn't sound like Chris Benoit at all. I was shocked and saddened when I hurt it was called a murder-suicide. Why? I simply don't understand.
I would also like to comment on the clip that attaches most pulleys on a pulldown machine to a pulldown bar. Most pulleys on a pulldown machine have a loop where the clip can be hooked on and then hooked to a pulldown bar. If it's a selectorized pulldown machine; then the weight goes up the cable as the pulldown bar is pullded down; and the weight goes down towards the ground as the pulldown bar is released towards the machine or up towards the celing. I am a man of five feet 7; and I can touch the top of my pulldown machine; meaning that from a standing position it would not be very plausible to tie the pulldown cord around my neck; release it; and strangle myself. My feet would still be on the ground. Now if I were to bend my legs backward and lift myself off the ground it might be plausible. In a standing position; one would have to loop the cable around their own neck; then tie it to the same cable which is not easy to do . . . unless one were standing on the seat of the pulldown machine; tied the cable; then bend their legs back towards their buttocks in order to dangle from the machine. This could be plausible if Benoit were a man of lesser strength and weight; Benoit was very strong and heavy. I am guessing that dangling from a pulldown cable with 240 lbs. or 250 lbs. tied around his neck would simply lower Benoit to the ground to where his feet are on the ground. Another possibility is that Benoit could have tied himself ini a sitting position; for Benoit to do this he would have to pull the pulley down to his neck height with one or both arms; then while holding the pulley; tie the pulley around his neck; then let go; very difficult but not impossible. Would 240 or 250 lbs. be enough to raise his body in the air and strangulate him? I just don't see that happening; I think his bodyweight would lower to the floor; rise the weight; and his feet would be flat on the floor. I have seen men do neck lifts with hundreds and hundreds of pounds using a neck harness and chain. But then; would he be in a strangluation situation with his feet on the floor? and what about the clip? If the clip was used; then the clip would hold him in place of slip? Most pulldown machines are designed without any extra length of cord/cable; if you pull the cable even just a milimeter the weight will raise off the ground/bottom of the machine. How could someone pull the cable out enough by himself; tie himself to the cable by wrapping it around his neck; Benoit has a thick neck; and then strangulate himself? Cables on weight training machines are fairly smooth; they have a smooth coating that allows them to glide through the pulleys. It's hard to make a large loop and tie the smooth; slippery cables together with 240-250 lbs. connected. UNLESS; Benoit was passed out and two other men helped him into the strangulated position; unless someone else helped him into the strangulated position. I am eager to see what the police and FBI turn up. Fans everywhere want to know the truth.
One problem - the Chris Benoit you watched on Pro Wrestling was a character, not the actual person.
22.214.171.124 09:13, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
I just need a bit of clarification from those who think this whole IP address deal is some sort of conspiracy. Are you trying to argue that someone broke into Benoit's house and killed his wife one day, hung out at the house for awhile before killing the little boy the next day, and then killed Benoit and posed his body to make it appear to trained homicide investigators that Chris committed suicide? Oh yeah, and in the midst of all this, the real killer notified someone who works for the WWE and let them know what was going on so that they can post it on wikipedia. Not trying to be a jerk; I am just wondering if this is what people actually believe. Please respond.
Seems to me like it's such an unlikely coincidence, that the two events are most likely connected. Maybe Chris Benoit happened to run into a lot of this "hype" that contributed to the wikipedia posting or even the wikipedia posting itself and it affected his actions.
I think that someone should check out the person would wrote this. There are too many unanswered questions and then to have someone post information 14 hours before it is discovered is strange.
It's my opinion that anyone who makes entries into Wikipedia that haven't been verified as fact should be ashamed. An encyclopedia is a collection of facts, not speculation, and the people who take the time to edit it should always check their facts. When an editor includes information in this project, and that information is not accurate, it greatly diminishes its' credibility.
DUDE THERE IS NO WAY THAT IT WAS A COINCIDENCE . EITHER YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOUR SAYING OR UR A PLANT PAY FOR BY THE WWE TO KEEP THE NEWS OFF THEIR BACK. CHRIS WAS A GREAT MAN AND THERE IS NO WAY HE DID THIS TERRIABLE THING . THE POLICE CANT EVEN KEEP THEIR FACTS STRIANGHT LONG ENOUGH TO COME TO A CONCLUSION.
TO THE GUYZ WHO A BULLSHIT LIAR
DUDE THERE IS NO WAY THAT IT WAS A COINCIDENCE . EITHER YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOUR SAYING OR UR A PLANT PAY FOR BY THE WWE TO KEEP THE NEWS OFF THEIR BACK. CHRIS WAS A GREAT MAN AND THERE IS NO WAY HE DID THIS TERRIABLE THING .
THE POLICE CANT EVEN KEEP THEIR FACTS STRIANGHT LONG ENOUGH TO COME TO A CONCLUSION.
Kevin Sullivan should be a suspect worth talking to
Ladies and gentlemen, I signed on to the page tonight and a very close friend of mine post a bulletine that about what he read this evening as well. So I copy and pasted what he had in his bullentin and I would love for you to take the time out and read this because I actually believe it will put a new twist on the Benoit Family. Did Kevin Sullivan Murder Chris Benoit and His Family(Former Pro Wrestling Champion)Now known as Rev. Johnny Lee ClaryWorld-Wide Evangelist. The tragic deaths of Chris Benoit and his wife Nancy and son Daniel have shocked the wrestling world. The police are calling it a double-murder-suicide, but is it really? Let's look at some facts. It has been 10 years exactly since Nancy divorced Kevin Sullivan to marry Chris Benoit. In the 1980's Sullivan, along with his then-wife Nancy, were running a gimmick in wrestling of how they were Satanists, and Nancy was known as "The Fallen Angel." She later became known as "Woman." The trouble with the Satanists gimmick was it was for real, and was not a work, or fake. In the 1990's Kevin Sullivan was the booker for WCW, and he scripted his wife Nancy into having an affair with Chris Benoit who was a member of the Four Horsemen. This made for a good angle, except, the acting became reality as Chris and Nancy actually fell in love and Nancy divorced Sullivan to marry Benoit.
Benoit left the WCW to go to work for the WWE which was then known as the WWF. It is a fact that Sullivan threatened Benoit and told him he would kill him. Yes, that was 10 years ago, but Kevin Sullivan is no dummy. He is known for being a calculating, cold-hearted individual. Today, according to a source close to me, Kevin Sullivan is a high ranking member of the Satanic Church. The police need to consider the possibility that Sullivan carried out these gruesome murders in order to have his revenge, which is what Satanists live for. He could have entered the home, with an accomplice or accomplices and held the Benoit's at gunpoint, Sullivan could have then bound up Nancy, and made Benoit and his son watch as he strangled the life out of her. Then the next day after making Benoit and his son spend the day in agony, murdered Benoit's little boy because of his hatred for the offspring of Benoit and Nancy. Then he could have made Benoit wait an entire day before killing him to by hanging him in the basement.By doing this, not only would Kevin Sullivan have lived out his Satanic Church creed with his lust for revenge, but he would have destroyed Chris Benoit's reputation which is what has happened now as the wrestling world is attacking the memory of Chris Benoit remembering him as an insane baby killer and wife killer instead of the great World Champion wrestler and friend thatSatanists hate the Bible and the police have stated that a Bible was found next to the bodies of Benoit's wife and son. This would serve as a bizarre calling card as if to either say "What good did your Bible do you?" or to throw off investigators to keep them from suspecting Sullivan and his Satanists would have been involved. Another thing to note is the fact that Kevin Sullivan was also associated with Sherri Martel, who died just a few days before the bodies of Chris Benoit, and his family was found, and the full details of Martell's death have not been made known as of the time of this writing.I wonder why the police have not even considered investigating the possibility that Kevin Sullivan killed Benoit, Nancy, and their child. It is certainly a possibility worth looking in to. Also, Benoit was going to be crowned ECW World Champion on Sunday night. Why would he murder his family and kill himself when he was going to be on top again and make lots more money? Why would he tie his wife up before killing her? He would have no reason to, but Kevin Sullivan sure would! Sure he had some problems with Nancy, but that was 4 years ago and what married couple doesn't have problems? Remember also that they reconciled and as far as everyone knows there has been no other incidents reported. One also needs to consider the fact that Benoit loved his kids and was so proud of his son that was killed. His kids wore suits and ties to his wrestling events and was proud of their dad. He was loved and respected by all those who knew him.In my opinion, there is no way he would have murdered his family. This whole murder case has Satanists written all over it and Sullivan is a Satanist and has the motive to murder them.I am encouraging anyone who reads this to send this to police authorities and circulate it on the internet, so these facts can be investigated, before the case is closed and Benoit is written off in history a murderer. If Sullivan is the real killer, justice should be served! As a former Pro Wrestler myself, now a born again Christian and world wide evangelist, I am hoping and praying for justice no matter who is responsible.Rev. Johnny Lee Clary Once again I would like to thank everyone that takes the time out to read these blogs that we put out and once again please leave us with all your good comments.
- Interesting observation indeed. I would like to investigate this and was wondering if you can help. Can you comfirm or deny this claim? Any more information? Please help. DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 21:00, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
-Yes, this thing should never, never happen....This guy lost it. Who kills their wife!....And then son!....The lights are on but no one home....Don't they check out these guys....I have being following Christ for many many years....U can't have a boby like he did without the use of drugs....Far to many are dying to young, its time to stop the dying and look real close at the WWE....We all go to work every day and we don't kill our family...Something is wrong....STOP the dying once and for all
-U seem to know all of things....Or are U just blowing smoke...What do U think the cops are stupid....I think your story is just another story.....U should sell it to the soaps that come on in the day time for all the girls that are home....Its time for U to see your doctor, you are having head trouble!!!!!!!!
- Well make sure you tell that to CNN, Fox News, and every other television and print source that coverted the story. Thunderhead 18:59, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- As well as the police, who investigated the edit on Wikipedia. Thunderhead 19:02, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
Who cares.......Thats the trouble with people today....
I believe in coincidences when you run into someone on the street you were just talking about.
I don't believe that someone could actually GUESS Nancy Benoit was dead! The person says there were many speculations about why Benoit was staying home, why'd he chose her death?
The letter sounds fabricated. I'd say it's fake, but it sounds more computer generated than anything else. The repetitive nature of the letter led me to believe him less and less each time he said it was a coincidence! Doth protest too much.
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE knew about it, someone at the organization leaked the information, and now WWE is covering it up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this just makes sense! I mean maybe this guy lives in Stamford, and knows a guy who works for WWE. The WWE employee tells his friend a juicy piece of gossip to someone he trusts and all of a sudden it hits the internet. That's to say the unknown poster is outside of the WWE.
The thing that confuses me the most is the Australian poster who fixed the post after the original...? It's all quite creepy, actually. Also, being a fan of Chris Benoit, I find the WWE's shunning of Benoit is disrespectful to the work Benoit did. The apology (which McMahon aired on ECW) for airing a Benoit memorial offended me more than the memorial. He was a great wrestler! He deserved it.
All this leads me to believe that WWE is hiding something. They're completely ignoring Benoit, and then I hear about this whole 'wiki-scandal'.
Thank you for all hearing me out, and I'd love to hear what other people think about this new spin on the tragedy.
126.96.36.199 07:37, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
I'm sorry writer but it still seems very odd that you would know what happened, I think the police need to seriously investigate you, as far as I'm concerned you are an accomplis, and from all we know that poor family was murdered and set up. You are disgusting and should be tried for murder!!!!!!!!!!-188.8.131.52 14:03, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
still not believing WWE didnt know bout it
still sounds like a cover up..... I mean come on we aint dumb, but whatever did happen its a tragedy. and i pray for their family and friends.
I just thought I had to make a comment about this. I feel that all the information on this site should not be able to be edited by anyone but the officials at this website to stop idiot people like the one posting an apology for his post on Nancy Benoit.I was looking up information here on Graceland then I thought about The Benoit Tragedy. I am a wretling fan.the officials at this website need to lock edits out from everyone but themselves so that all information on this site is truly true and not false.Now How do I Know The information I got on Graceland is true? Did some stupid retard edit the information. I will not visit this site again;nor will I ever comment on anything again---------------------
the idiot that "foretold" nancy's death
you should feel bad about what you did.it is bad enough that celebs. have to go into hiding when they have personal problems.... but exploiting lies is over the top. don't celebs have enough pressure on them w/ media, image,and not to mention their own PRIVATE LIVES. yes you did wrong.you are still not decent enough to make a personal apology to people who really matter in this. KEVIN SULLIVAN IS WALKING AROUND AS A DEVISTATED MAN RIGHT NOW. NOT TO FORGET EVERYONE WHO KNEW THIS FAMILY PERSONALLY. YEAH, YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON,BUT AT WHAT COST TO THOSE WHO REALLY MATTER.next time ,keep your mouth shut and let heroes and friends live their lives .
kidd from ga.
Humans do make mistakes you know. Im pretty sure the user is at the verge of a breakdown knowing that his article became real. Its been recorded that they have apprehended him for questioning along with taking his computer in as evidence. Whether or not he was an accomplice is unknown as of. For now he is innocent until proven guilty. So on what grounds do you have where you can make assumptions that this man does not regret what he has done and that this man as even done something wrong? He is only guilty for falsely editing the article without evidence to back it up with at the time. This man is not an idiot, he was just there at the wrong time. A mere coincedence until proven otherwise by authorities in the future.
Ip address of user tracked down to even the coordinates of his location and internet service.
The following info is regarding the IP address used to edit the Wiki article prior to Benoits wife's death.
IP country: United States IP address state: Connecticut IP address city: Stamford IP latitude: 41.083099 IP longitude: -73.538803 ISP: Optimum Online (Cablevision Systems) Organization: Optimum Online (Cablevision Systems) Host: ool-45786f17.dyn.optonline.net
location of the ipserver is not far from newfield ave down turner road...that is the coordinates location...of course that wouldnt be the actual location but that is the area the ip is hosted from...
source comes from nothing but a simple Ip tracker :P
To All Posters of Flamebait
It's not necessary for the anonymous poster to identify himself to us. Any law enforcement agency can subpoena his ISP to find out which of their customers used that IP address. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already done so. He can _easily_ be identified by the proper authorities whether he wishes to reveal himself to the Wiki community or not.
- So, you are free to speak it, but you are not free to be anonymous. Hmmm -Edbrown05 07:39, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- U.S. history is rich with the use of pseudonyms for publishing advocacy Phamplets. If the Internet is going to subvert that, is this a breach of the very right to freedom of speech? -Edbrown05 07:43, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- A law enforcement agency comes to WMF and wants to know who said what? Does WMF answer that? -Edbrown05 07:46, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- The Foundation has to respond to a supenoa of information, or demand from a law enforcement agency, yes. I presume the Foundation would give as much information as possible. In this case, the Foundation advised the Stamford Police Department about the IP, and gave them the IP, and the changes made. We broke the story, so the media are drawing info from us. I'm not sure if the Foundation notified the police before we broke the story or not, however. Thunderhead - (talk) 09:47, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
Then if I wanted to publish a paper that has a high level of controversy associated with it, then here would be the wrong place to do it, because WMF would rat me out in a heart beat. -Edbrown05 08:27, 30 July 2007 (UTC) Note foundation Whistleblower policy seems only connected to the foundation itself, and not to news. -Edbrown05 08:33, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
I would like to know under what premise an identity is demanded before free speech can occur. -Edbrown05 08:39, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- To my knowledge, there is no requirement that you must identify yourself before you speak. -Edbrown05 09:04, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- So how could there be a presumption for identification after speaking. -Edbrown05 10:30, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- The Foundation can only legally look up your specific information with a request from law enforcement. If someone misuses checkuser, the meta:Ombudsman commission acts. The Ombusman commission basically attempts to prevent legal action, and investigates that activity. Thunderhead - (talk) 12:00, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Ombusman investigate what? Speech? There is no law against that. -Edbrown05 02:54, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
- The thing so pitiful about the Plame scandal was not the magnitude of the transgression, but the magnitude of the denial. The attitude is, and was, so bazaar.
- So how could there be a presumption for identification after speaking. -Edbrown05 10:30, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- The rush to assumptions that the IP in this incident has already been ratted to authorities may be correct, but I don't know why... and I don't think it should be. Afterall, who do the heck do law enforcement officials think they are? It has to be taken on a case by case basis. In this one, I would be real reluctant to cooperate with authorities. The freedom of the press is an assurrance in Florida and the contiguous U.S., IP bullshit aside -Edbrown05 03:15, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
- Now I'm wikilawyering, full stop. Edbrown05
An IP resolves to an individual?
I want to know. -Edbrown05 03:34, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Fact or fiction. Edbrown05
That's a definite maybe. It resolves to to an ISP, who may be able to identify which of their customers had that IP at that time. Nowadays, many ISP's use NAT (network address translation) internally (like your home router uses NAT to assign many computers in your house to the one connection you have) meaning they can only narrow it down to a group of customers. It is best to assume that your IP addy CAN identify you as an individual and conduct your business accordingly.184.108.40.206 06:22, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
impossible that it was a coincidence!!!!!!
For me is very strange
It's incredible that something like that happened, 14 hours before the police found the bodyes, I think that there is something more here, for me this man is involved in this crime, or has fonts that maybe involved, the police should investigate it more, everyone can say that but it can be a lie, in my opinion is very very strange and if the police investigate this more maybe we find the truth, ok thanks Andrés Mauricio Quintero Colombia —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:48, 19 December 2007 (UTC)
I realize why it reads that way
but noting this as one of the "best" articles ever on wikinews is, to say the least, in questionable taste.18.104.22.168 06:12, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
And that's what you get for vandalising Wikipedia.
Comments from feedback form - "Chris was a total loser!!!!!!!..."
Comments from feedback form - "so great"
Comments from feedback form - "So Great"
Comments from feedback form - "You did the right thing by apo..."
Comments from feedback form - "if u dint do it,,why dont talk..."
I still believe that there is more to this story then the cops are letting on. I believe someone knew something I do not believe in coincidence. That is a big rumor to start without knowing something and honestly if someone knows something they should come forth because an innocence man is being accused of killing his family.
hi there i just don't under stand he in the rage like this yes he is crazy man trying killed her for no reason he out of control he the one is cause of this fighting going on i think is awful what is wrong he making a mistake he doing this is wrong this is not right.and he the bible out on the floor and upstairs and killed his son and put the bible on his bed and he commit into sucide and he try killing himself i say this is crazy he into wrong things he not trying.they another kids 2 of them.her family and his family to.i know there parents and her and her family to i know how sad they are i don't blame them.i think is drugs cause of this turn him into a monster i wish he should get help is to late now and i understand this i ready do but now there gone forever the kids to how much they love