Comments:Former UK prime minister Tony Blair converts to Catholicism
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Catholic? Nutter. ... Religious? Nutter. Or... Politician? Nutter. Press those buttons now! Let's see your least-favourite nutter voted off the island! --!!!!
I agree. I don't care what religion people have, ecspecially if the people no longer have any public significance. I have no idea how this story was the top story. --User:Anonymous101 12:17, 24 December 2007 (UTC)
- This just in: former President Clinton now believes in fairies rather than leprechauns. -- Macaddct1984 15:17, 24 December 2007 (UTC)
- Anyone who doesn't think this is significant should really consider the UK's long history of conflict between Protestants and Catholics. Had Blair done this while in office he would never have won another election and the Northern Ireland MPs like Iain Paisley Jr would have been describing him as a puppet of Rome. Instead he's waited until he's in the post of special envoy to the Middle East, and has just lost all respect from every US evangelical that can drag themselves away from the Jesus channel long enough to discover this little detail. Their view on the world is that non-evangelicals are all going to hell, led there by the Pope and all the other Catholics. --Brian McNeil / talk 15:51, 24 December 2007 (UTC)