Comments:Italian cruise ship thwarts attack by Somali pirates
Italian Cruise ship thwarts attack by Somali Pirates
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
The captain of the ship specifically said that the security guards were Israeli, because they were the best. That might be worth including in the story.- Peter
- I would not say that the guards being Israeli is really that much a news story. Calebrw (talk) 04:46, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Alas, they were no match to our mighty chairs...
- I too would have liked to have seen the chairs vs. the guns.
Why did they fire in the air, and not directly at the pirates? It doesn't make any sense. When your life is threatened with deadly force, you must also retaliate with deadly force. Especially when there are are bunch of unarmed vacationers aboard the ship, incapable of defending themselves.