Comments:Kidnapped British couple "need urgent help"
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
It strikes me as pretty absurd that the government is not doing anything to get these nationals out. People shouldn't tourist around in those waters, but government could help them out and then fine them for their recklessness. This would send a clear signal to other people contemplating a cozy cruise in pirate waters, without barbarically leaving these individuals to rot with the pirates. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:47, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- The Pirates aren't rotting they're making millions by taking a few ships, it was stupid of them to have that much faith in established governments like Britain to think they'll actually pay penny change for their own citizens, of course they wont they get nothing in return! Instead theyd rather pay the labour for some secretary to print off their obituaries.
- Is one couple worth $7 million of taxpayers' money? No.
- Wouldn't it be cheaper just to send in the SAS? Pirates are apparently keeping them in tents on a beach, it couldn't be that difficult of a job. I don't think the Somali government would be opposed to it either given their stance on piracy.
- Somalia doesn't have a government lol
What a pathetic government, following a policy and watching someone die....is there not a single unselfish millionaire on this planet who will not help to pay this ransom? I mean, they'll pay ransoms for ships, because ships = profit for their business, but wont even budge for a human being. Says alot about planet earth!