Comments:Man decapitated on Greyhound bus in Manitoba
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
While it does appear that he may be a schizophrenic, it is not the only logical explanation for the event. There are a few logical explanations for this event. Until we know all the facts we really cannot make these assumptions. But it is very likely that he was schnizophrenic. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:58, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE VICTIM AND HIS FAMILY
NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE THEIR CRAP TOGETHER ON THIS STORY .EVERYONE IVE READ THUS FAR SAYS HE WAS 18 THEN ITS 20 THEN ITS ANOTHER AGE NOR WERE THEY EVEN ACCURATE ABOUT THE STABBING COUNT. I READ ONE WHERE IT WAS 40 TO 50 NOW ITS 50 TO 60 .I WISH PEOPLE WOULD GET THEIR SHIT RIGHT.MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE YOUNG MAN AND THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND I HOPE THAT SCUM BAG GETS THE WORSE PUNISHMENT .THE DEATH PENALTY WOULD BE IDEAL ,BUT I KNOW CANADA DOESNT HAVE ONE AS FAR AS I KNOW.
- Jeeeez let's calm down here ... why do you have to know the exact age immediately? Also, didn't your mama teach you any manners? All caps is a no-no! :) Wikidsoup (talk) 16:50, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
DONT BE IGNORANT
- Schizophrenia is a horrible, frightening, and debilitating condition. Its portrayal in popular culture is disgusting, and simply doesn't do justice to the sheer terror and sensory overload that a sufferer can experience. If you think it is bad that someone suffering from this can scare you, try and consider their position; they're likely scared of every single person on the planet - whether it is people in the vicinity, or people that might pop into their head from memory. During an attack the line between suspicion and distrust, and paranoid delusions breaks down. A sufferer can convince themselves that someone who is concerned and trying to help has a knife hid behind their back ready to kill them.
- I am in a position where I can make the above comment, and have had the very unpleasant insight into the potential world of terror within which a schizophrenic lives. About ten years ago, I had an "episode"; no, I'm not schizophrenic, something which it took doctors about two years to convince me of, but I was under extreme stress, getting minimal sleep due to having a five hour (each way) commute; I was also managing my partner's messy divorce from a violent and exploitative husband who she had fled from. For me, what pushed me over the edge was discovering that said thug had obtained a firearm and was actively seeking our location to kill both of us. This cocktail of circumstances was simply too much and I broke. The same can happen to anybody, just hope that if this demon ever calls at your door you are not a threat to others and can still catch enough of a thread of reality to grasp at a genuine offer of a way out and help. --Brian McNeil / talk 18:53, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
How about some factual news ?
Victim:22-year-old Tim McLean  from Winnipeg
Suspect: 40 year-old Vince Weiguang Li from Edmonton
Lots of news linkage: http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Manitoba/2008/08/01/6328131.html http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=ba3498aa-995c-4f03-92f7-1a3cb0c79532 http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=33662 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:04, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Too late to add. Sources dated after an article's publication should not be added. A new article should be started. --Brian McNeil / talk 18:55, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Cause the police STILL haven't officially released the Victim's name, and at the time, no one was sure if Tim was even the victim. And even if he was, no one knew anything about him. What's come out now is from his friends and family, but, as Brian says, it is too late to edit this particular story with that new info. If a follow up gets written, I'm sure it will have the newly released information in it. Ditto for the suspect. Initial reports were all eye-witness accounts, and, despite what UFO enthusiasts tell you, eye-witness accounts are totally useless. They were all claiming the guy was a 6 foot tall muscular monster who could have torn them limb from limb. In reality he is short and looks like he couldn't lift a pillow unassisted. Gopher65talk 04:34, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
This is one ov those WTF things...
Canadian Media Lies About the History of Vince Weiguang Li
Canadian media outlets are apparently lying about Vince Weiguang Li. It is no doubt that he killed an innocent passenger on the Greyhound bus, but it is his history that is being manipulated.
The Canadian Government claims that Li came to Canada in 2001. This is false, since Li came to Canada in 2004.
One can be granted Canadian citizenship if they have lived in Canada for 3 years without incident. This is suspicious, since most immigrants get the citizenship usually in 4 years, however, Li got it in 2007, in almost EXACTLY 3 years.
Li is also a member of Falun Gong, an extreme Anti-Chinese group, as evident here:  (words are in Chinese) Is this without incident?
Li then hopped from job to job, but had strained relations with fellow co-workers. Before Li committed murder, he sold his laptop to a 15 year old boy for $60. It is not known what the laptop contains.
Afterward, he committed the horrific murder.
However, the Canadian Media still tells their altered story about Li, probably because they support the Falun Gong in the recent so called "propaganda wars" against developing nations.
So when shall the truth be revealed?
-188.8.131.52 00:40, 8 August 2008 (UTC) C. Winkins
- You will have to do some original reporting if want that point of view heard. —Calebrw (talk) 14:28, 8 August 2008 (UTC)