Comments:Obama withdraws from Trinity United Church
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
only took him 20 years to do it.--22.214.171.124 00:11, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Sad that the media is focusing on these things at all. Guilt by association has no place in a modern society. Shame on wikinews for perpetuating this distraction. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:40, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed. But sadly, Wikinews by its nature can't decide all by itself what is notable - it must report on what the rest of the news media choose to report on. And for some reason, the rest of the news media are very fixated on this non-issue. Apparently when you can't find any dirt on a target, you have to try to tarnish them by association. As if we shouldn't ever have a friend or associate that might offend or upset someone.
- I suppose what offends me more is that white ministers like Jerry Falwell or that bigot Pat Robertson were able to go around blaming America's perceived sins for such disasters as Hurricane Katrina and 9/11, and to essentially say the same thing - "god damn America" - but just let a black man say it and woah, nellie, here comes the media condemnation!
- It's just further proof that the truly cardinal sin for a black man to commit in America is: to display anger. The message is, "do whatever you like to try to elevate yourself and restore your equity with whites, but if you ever display an iota of anger or bitterness, you will be condemned, isolated, and destroyed as a threat to the nation." But how can injustice be acknowledged, let alone righted, if no one can display any anger over it? --on WP as User:Kasreyn —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:27, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- - Im sorry but this is not about black or white. This is about a so called PREACHER.. venting HIS OWN personal issues to a congregation that has come to listen to GOD. not him. even if he was colored green.
Good. Im glad he left that church. There are SO MANY churches that preach a WRONG gospel.... not the one that is from the Bible ,and i hope that Mr. Obama realises that it is only with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that he can be guided. Jesus is everything. If he is going to be a good President of the US.. then he will need Jesus as his Master. The church is not a building. It is a body of people who follow Christ. So Mr. Obama is not "affiliated" with any church. Jesus is enough for him. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:39, 5 August 2008 (UTC)