Comments:President Bush plans to attend opening of Beijing Olympics
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
How could President Bush talk about the religious freedom?
- How can any politician talk about human rights, when they authorize torture and killings?
- It's your everyday politics... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:56, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
He has since essentially stated that he does not want to offend China. Would that not be precisely the purpose of any sort of boycott- to tell China that the US is offended by Chinese non-intervention and even support of the Sudanese and Burmese governments, as well as their own human rights record? (However hypocritical that may be). —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ytterix (talk • contribs) 01:20, 7 July 2008 (UTC)