News briefs:June 11, 2006
The time is 18:00 (UTC) on June 11th, 2006, and this is Audio Wikinews News Briefs.
- 1 Headlines
- 1.1 Three inmates commit suicide at Guantanamo detention facility
- 1.2 Australian cabinet discounted potential security risks with nuclear energy
- 1.3 Australian opposition promises to scrap workplace agreements
- 1.4 Netherlands ease to 1-0 win in Group C
- 1.5 Biarritz defeat Toulouse to win French rugby championship
- 1.6 Fernando Alonso wins British Grand Prix
- 1.7 Australia defeat England in rugby
- 1.8 Rice beats Oklahoma in first round of NCAA Super Regional, 10-4
- 2 Closing statements
Three inmates hung themselves with nooses made from their bedsheets at the U.S. base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Australia's justice minister, Chris Ellison has said that the Australian federal cabinet did not consider security issues when it decided to setup an inquiry into nuclear power.
Kim Beazley leader of the Australian opposition has promised to scrap workplace agreements introduced as part of the Howard government's controversial Workchoices industrial relations reforms.
sports – football or soccer
Arjen Robben was the difference as the Netherlands won their first World Cup match 1-0 against Serbia and Montenegro in Leipzig, Germany, Sunday.
sports - rugby
Biarritz have defeated Stade Toulousain to win the 2005-06 Top 14 French rugby club championship.
sports – racing
Fernando Alonso for the first time in his career won the FIA Formula-1 British Gran Prix at the Silverstone Circuit.
sports - rugby
Australia has defeated England 34 points to three in the first of two rugby union test matches at Sydney's Telstra Stadium.
sports - baseball
The Rice University baseball team defeated the University of Oklahoma 10-4 in the first game of the NC-Double-A Super Regional.
We invite you to visit wikinews.org for up-to-date news and information. This has been Audio Wikinews Newsbriefs. Thank you for listening, and enjoy the rest of your day. This recording has been released under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.