Talk:'UFO' spotted in Istanbul, Turkey
Please address issues the tags state. Articles need to be more than a sentence and more than one source to usually be published. DragonFire1024 21:37, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- Wikinews encourages local stories. In this case, there was no copyright infringement. And you can't really expand a wacky ufo news... Towsonu2003 04:14, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Can we stop these?
Is there any way to get rid of the constant UFO sightings cluttering up the main page lately?
- The united Airlines UFO article has been getting a lot of press and I like it but it needs to be longer. It should not have been publised so quick but too late now. DragonFire1024 22:13, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- I think it's virtually impossible to improve this, because there's only one source and it's a local story. We shouldn't ban UFO articles based on their subject, but treat them with equal scrutiny as we would treat other stories. I think this should be published under the exception that it's a local story with low coverage but nonetheless internationally notable and news.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 22:20, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- The issue of "local stories" with non-English source was raised and resolved in a previous Turkey article. Towsonu2003 04:16, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
- Tell people not to see UFOs ;) Towsonu2003 04:16, 5 January 2007 (UTC)