Talk:Canadian gasoline tops $1 a litre, politicians consider options
I calculated it out and found that $1.14 CAD/litre equates to roughly $2.48 USD/gallon. Very similar prices that are being experienced throughout North America. --Mrmiscellanious 00:50, 18 August 2005 (UTC)
- Good point,also, since the canadian gasoline taxes are about twice what they are in the US (I think)..you'd think from that perspective the cdn. price should be higher???? Maybe it's another prescrip drug comparison? the producers charge americans more??? I don't know. Paulrevere2005 18:58, 18 August 2005 (UTC)
- I'm not sure, however they might be getting gasoline from refineries in other countries (possibly meaning cheaper fuel?). Nevertheless, in some places in the US it has barely reached $2.20/gallon. I guess it all just depends on geographical location. --Mrmiscellanious 19:08, 18 August 2005 (UTC)
- Fun Fact: Unleaded gasoline costs about 1,30 € or 1,52 US$ per litre in Germany. That would be about 6,87 US$/gallon. So I guess, the prices are still ridiculously low across the Atlantic :) --Deprifry 19:19, August 18, 2005 (UTC)
- A few days ago I saw one of the richest guys in the world, Ratan Tata, announce on CNBC that the Indian Tata company is coming out with a car in 2007 that costs less than $2,000. new. I still am amazed. Here's the links http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article304200.ece
http://news.google.ca/news?q=ratan%20tata%20car&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wn 220.127.116.11 22:06, 18 August 2005 (UTC)
Ripof Britian - Another example of swapping $ for £
Here in Britain, petrol is over £1 per litre in some parts of the country. Average is about 97p. £1 is CDN$2.17 at the time of writing.
I wish I could get petrol for 46p per litre.
- Well i'm in Ireland and it costs €1.10 or so a litre. I'd love if it stays this high and it doubles in America. High prices will force the world and in particular the USA to admit and rectify the horrible impact on the enviroment that has occured in recent years. It really is a disgrace. → CGorman (Talk) 17:10, 27 August 2005 (UTC)