Talk:High School shooting in Michigan, USA injures one
I contacted Michael Manley, Executive Director of Communications & Marketing Department, via e-mail today with a short interview, which provided for most of the information in this article. The rest of the information has been taken from the provided source. --Mrmiscellanious 03:10, 21 October 2005 (UTC)
- Great work! Any chance your questions and his responses could be posted here? - Borofkin 00:24, 24 October 2005 (UTC)
- Sure. I haven't asked the guy for the answers to be released, but as I identified myself beforehand, I don't think there will be much of an issue with it. --Mrmiscellanious 00:26, 24 October 2005 (UTC)
Alright, below are the responses I recieved from Mr. Manley via e-mail (a few more questions were asked, but were not answered). In italics are my questions, and those with a bullet next to them along with bolded text are the responses from Mr. Manley.
- What time did the event occur?
- Around noon, during the lunch period.
- Where, in relation to the building, did the incident occur?
- Second floor in a hallway...not a classroom
- About what time were the staff of the building notified of the incident?
- Immediately. The school went into lockdown within moments of the shooting.
- What type of security protection was installed in the school prior to the incident?
- We have three school district security guards and at least five other security personnel on duty. Students enter through one door only. Each door is manned by a member of the security team.
- What type of security protection does the district plan to install in the school as a result of the incident?
- We installed a metal detector this afternoon at 4 p.m. All students will be required to pass through the detector, beginning Friday morning.
- Were either of the participants in the incident ever suspended or expelled from the district?
- Both students enrolled at Saginaw High earlier this month. Both had been lodged at the Saginaw Juvenile Center prior to enrolling.
- Approximately at what time were the police notified of the incident?
- Saginaw schools have had an increased number of violent events occurring this school year. What do you think could be the cause of this?
- Community-wide violence that escalated this summer and continues. The violence we have experienced has been the result of community problems, feuds, disagreements, etc. that have found there way into schools.
- In what medical shape is the victim currently in?
- He was in crtiical but stable condition late this afternoon. His recovery prognosis is favorable.