Talk:MST attack in Rondonia kills one man
I am a little confused about the process now. Should I publish all articles at the Main Page? Is the Article workspace dead?---Carlosar 14:38, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
The title of this article previously misspelled "attack" as "atack", and also had an awkward structure. I moved the article to the new title, "MST attack in Rondonia kills one man". — DV 16:23, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- It is better now. Thanks.--- Carlosar 16:33, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
I think it is good
I think the article is good. Other ideas? --- Carlosar 19:14, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
more information please
I don't want to seem picky, but your story intrigued me and I'd like more information.
I'd like to know:
- who is accusing MST
- The survivor, the police, the source(newspaper).
- on what basis is "the farm is in risk of been invaded by the MST".
- The MST plans to invade the farm because they are camped near the place. Other invasions had started like this. Maybe my English is not good enough, here. You or someone else can try to fix it if you think it is wrong, make it better.
- what relevance Porto Velho is to the story (is it a regional capital??)
- did Nunes die on the scene, or later?
- He died at the local. According to newspaper brain mass was out of his head
- how many members of MST are in Brazil, you mention 632 camps, which doesn't mean much to me
- This information has been taken from the official website of the MST (www.mst.org.br). According to MST they are about 116.382 families ().
- "Currently, MST receives help from the Brazilian government and donations from international organizations" -- help for what?
- Mainly money and food. Clothes, food, transportation custs money. The MST does not produce anything, their members dont have a job, their activities are only related to the movement. Invasion also custs money,it is like an industry of activism.
- "MST claims to be defending themselves because many farms hire gunfighters to protect their properties from invasions." -- I'm unclear on what MST is defending themselves against, if the gunfighters are merely protecting properties.
- The gunfighters are protecting the properties. Sometimes when the MST is envolved in conflicts and other people say they are violent, MST say they are just defendind themselves from other people(this is not the first time MST atack and hurts someone. The difference is that this time MST had atacked first, without provocation-the victims were not looking for the MST) . Sorry, my English. You can try to fix if you think it is not written very well.
- "A number of farmers fear losing their properties to the movement." -- does MST permanently occupy the farms - how else could the farmers lose their properties? Would they flee from intimidation?
- Yes, MST permanently occupy the farms. Some farms have been occupied for more than two years. Some farmers have lost their properties to the movement. Sometimes, after a lot of pressure, some farms are desoccupied, but you cannot see this like a rule.
I have appreciated your critics. Feel free if you want to make some corrections. Thanks.--- Carlosar 02:40, 6 Dec 2004 (UTC)
jkrusky 21:20, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
I think it's finished
I think the article is complete. jkrusky 03:03, 6 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- (approved) - Unless someone else find something wrong the article is ok to me. -- Carlosar 15:08, 8 Dec 2004 (UTC)