For reference, the IP address 126.96.36.199 belongs to the University of South Australia; some edits from this IP address may in fact be one of any of the university's 30,000 students. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:41, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
First and last warning
Consider this your formal warning, if this IP address continues to vandalize Wikinews, it will be blocked in according with any and all policies concerning vandalism. If you believe this message is not directed to use, please created an account to avoid future confusion. Calebrw (talk) 05:54, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Hello and a piece of advice
Hello 184.108.40.206. Thank you for visiting Wikinews. However, we don't appreciate the kind of edits you've made so far. Continued perpetration of vandalism from your part will result in a block without further warning. We hope that you will decide to contribute for the benefit of the project in which case the following pages will give you an overview of how Wikinews operates.
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
- Wikinews:Newsroom - The community portal
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page.
[WHOIS • RDNS • RBLs • Traceroute• Torstatus • Rangeblock finder • Global Blocks]
[RIRs: America · Europe · Africa · Asia-Pacific · Latin America/Caribbean]