220.127.116.11, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --MrMiscellanious (talk) (contribs) 03:12, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
I must ask you once again, respectfully, that you withdraw your vote on WN:A since you are acting on actions on another project, and that Amgine's adminship is only good for this project. I severely hope you weigh the importance of your vote and its significance to Wikinews, and not Wikitionary. --MrMiscellanious (talk) (contribs) 03:12, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
Please do not sign with my name
I noticed on WN:A that you signed my name and a date and time to the voting. Please do not do this.
You have been permanently banned for forging a comment on a consensus poll that was another user's comments that were not their own. You impersonated Carman02au . As you claim you are a member of other WMF projects, I am trusting that you knew in advance of the proper conduct and the policies (which are similar to Wikipedia's, in most part). Please do not do this on another wiki. --MrMiscellanious (talk) (contribs) 03:26, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
- They were for the ban, so I placed their votes in the proper place in order for them to be tallied. I didn't change the votes at all! 18.104.22.168 03:28, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, you did. Cartman02au never voted for Amgine's removal of RfdA; even though you nominate it, it doesn't tally as a vote. Furthermore, the very same user never made a statement in which you forged it to be. The ban stands. --MrMiscellanious (talk) (contribs) 03:32, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
- It is standard procedure to place a 24-hour ban on a user, not a perma-ban. I guess you wouldn't care about that, though, would you? 22.214.171.124 03:35, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
- This is a community consensus poll, and your prior knowledge of wiki etiquette means you should have known better. If you wish to take it up with another admin, so be it - but you impersonated another user, and used that to forge a vote. Which part do you disagree with? --MrMiscellanious (talk) (contribs) 03:37, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
- I disagree with (1) the permanent ban (I did not read that what I did was impersonation any where, so I was not knowledgeable), and (2) the fact that you did not warn me before banning me. 126.96.36.199 03:42, 14 December 2005 (UTC)
Please do not send spam
I have received this email message, supposedly from you.
I have been permenently banned by Mrmiscellanious on a charge of vote forging <http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User_talk:188.8.131.52> on the Wikipedia:Administrators's Amgine Request for De-Aminship vote. However, I was simply tallying the votes so that they could be counted--they had already been placed against Amgine <http://en.wikinews.org/w/index.php?title=Wikinews%3AAdministrators&diff=175731&oldid=175724>. Further, MrMiscellanious did not warn me or inform me that such was forgery until after he had blocked me. He is also ignoring the 24-hour convention. If I am un-blocked, I will not do what I did again.
Sending spam is bad idea anyway. You may be right, or you may be wrong, but the way you express your emotions is such that I don't want to look closer into what's going on. If you're a newbie I would suggest that you say sorry, create a login and stay far from voting. Thank you, Ilya 07:09, 15 December 2005 (UTC)
FYI, this user is Primetime, who has been banned from en.Wikipedia and en.Wiktionary due to rampant copyright violations and general bad behavior. -Will Beback 10:33, 8 June 2006 (UTC)
[WHOIS • RDNS • RBLs • Traceroute• Torstatus • Rangeblock finder • Global Blocks]
[RIRs: America · Europe · Africa · Asia-Pacific · Latin America/Caribbean]