Crasheddata, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--Anonymous101 (talk · contribs) 16:41, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
It's on the Main Page
It's now the Main Lead
I am an opponent of the Amber Alert program, if you'd be interested in a dialog concerning such a topic, please email me. I've tried to debate such issues on the Amber Alert wiki page, but several people believe that a program supposedly set up to protect children is inherently flawless. When I try to point out the fact that a kidnapper might immediately dispose of his captive upon seeing them on TV, they blame the psychotic kidnapper, not the press. Or if you look at the general number of children abducted each year, 3,500 to 4,600 (depending upon the source), and that only 300 Amber Alerts are issued yearly, then there must be strict criteria on which children are chosen to be protected, and which are not. If I were a parent and I was told that my missing child was not going to receive an Amber Alert, I would be very upset.
Anyways, there are several points I love to discus with people on this subject, so if you'd like further conversation, please contact . Thank you. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:25, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
Don't worry. There hasn't really been any harm done. Also, the script sounds interesting. Something like that would be very useful for Wikinews once it is completed. I have unblocked your IP as I feel you can be trusted. If you have any questions feel free to ask at my talk page. Anonymous101talk 14:46, 16 September 2008 (UTC)