Derbeth, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! CGorman 22:04, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Thank you for the help with categories. International 08:39, 23 January 2006 (UTC)
I responded to some of your critisim of it. I just don't think the polish solution is reconizable. Bawolff ☺☻ 06:10, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
I don't suppose there was any Original Reporting in that? I've placed the article into a develop state and added one source, any of the sources on the corresponding Polish artice have an English language version? --Brian McNeil / talk 19:43, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
- All that's needed is to source stuff, I'm not going to hold you to a particularly high standard on that (I assume done on pl.wikinews), just make sure the main points in the story are mentioned in sources. There was a pile on Google and I just picked the first wire report I found. You might want to use other sources, or at least add one. I'll probably make a couple more edits to make it flow better in English, but it ain't too shabby to start with. :-) --Brian McNeil / talk 20:32, 27 May 2006 (UTC)