Friskymuffin, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here are some pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Reviewing articles - how articles pass through editorial review
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 19:34, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
thx for your help on the article!
- ) ty muffin --126.96.36.199 19:36, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- No problem, I'm happy to help :) -- Friskymuffin - 17:04, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Templates for signature
Please refrain from using a template in your signature, ideally your signature should not be so complex as to need buried; this also places an unneeded load on the servers. --Brian McNeil / talk 19:54, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've gotten rid of the background stuff, so it's just bold colourful text now... Will that do? -- Friskymuffin - 20:12, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- Part of the reasoning behind not wanting templates for signatures is that a pissed off user can 'vandalise' hundreds of pages instantly, so please, no template at all. --Brian McNeil / talk 20:14, 1 October 2008 (UTC)