Poeloq, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 23:09, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
Hey Nicholas, what do you use to record your audionews. Sounds great! Poeloq 04:11, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hello there Poeloq: Thanks a lot. I use Apple GarageBand and the internal microphone on my Macbook Pro to record my News Briefs. I wish I had a better quality studio mic to do them on but, alas, a lack of money prevents me from buying one. Nonetheless, the quality is quite acceptable as you can hear, which I'm quite surprised by, but there you go. GarageBand is great for doing the editing because cutting and manipulating audio tracks is so easy. I use Audacity to do any additional cleanup on the recording before publication and to export the file as Ogg Vorbis. Thank you for listening! Yours, --NicholasTurnbull 04:47, 11 January 2008 (UTC)