User talk:RB McLeroy~enwikinews
RB McLeroy, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--Cspurrier 20:21, 28 September 2005 (UTC)
Tropical Story prepared article
I think this is a good idea, to start the article for the Hurricane/Tropical Storm stories. I've moved the page to Wikinews:Story preparation/Tropical Depression upgraded to Tropical Storm because by having it in the Wikinews namespace it gets the story off of the front page. It is still there and you can still edit it/rename/use as a "template" for more stories.
If you want to have things like this you can also put them into your "user space" by naming them starting with User:RB McLeroy/<insert temporary story name here> as an example. By leaving it in the Wikinews namespace it is "available" to all contributors on Wikinews, and is fair game and community property, while in your user space generally nobody else will touch it. How you want to do this is up to you.
I just don't want you to be surprised that the story has been moved. --Robert Horning 10:01, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:20, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
06:36, 21 April 2015 (UTC)