- The following is a new style of Wikinews reporting or Wikinews development. It is still in the process of being created. Feel free to pitch in and help develop this idea or comment about it on the discussion page. (Please remove this tag once this page is sufficiently developed)
Newsline is new project of Audio Wikinews that allows users to listen to Audio Wikinews content specialised for listening over a standard telephone. Current Newsline content is similar to that of Audio Wikinews News Briefs; however in the future, the content might expand.
As with all Audio Wikinews projects, please follow the recording and template guidelines, and it is imperative that you maintain the policy of presenting a neutral point of view in your news briefs release.
Also, please remember to state the date and time (in UTC, currently Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 03:30), which well help organisation and keeping the factual accuracy, as the news changes throughout the day and keep in mind when you produce a News Brief it must be released under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 license or a license compatible with it.
Newsline requires specialised instructions, and due to security concerns, must be a trusted member of Wikinews. In the future this may amount to community voting. Because both are currently beyond the scope of this page, please contact Terinjokes for more information.
Audio Wikinews is currently available to users in the United States and United Kingdom, and over the internet utilising SIP.
Please note that Newsline is currently in development and the following numbers go nowhere
- 360-515-4161 (United States)
- 0871 422 0036 (United Kingdom)
At this time Newsline needs the following:
- Someone willing to host an asterisk server. Only requirements are, a high-speed internet connection (with a little bandwidth to spare), a UNIX-based operating system, and near 100% uptime.
- Someone willing to record broadcasts. Terinjokes can probably do one a day, though more updates throughout the day would be nice.
- Tender loving care