Wikinews articles must comply with Wikinews:Policies and guidelines before they are published. Below is a quick check-list of some of these. Ensure that an article meets these, before publishing it. Detailed guidelines are available at Wikinews:Content guide and Wikinews:Style Guide.
- Article -
- Agrees with our content guide and is newsworthy.
- Article and images used in it are not copyright infringements.
- Images have proper copyright information and source information on their image description pages.
- Is fully sourced, (using multiple independent sources is strongly encouraged) or follows Original reporting guidelines (reporting notes are posted to article talk page or e-mailed to other Wikinews contributors to allow some fact-checking and verification of the article contents).
- Is written in a neutral and unbiased manner, with no editorial commentary/advocacy or unsourced opinion.
- Complies with our style guide (on dateline, grammar and spelling, "inverted pyramid" structure, tone, wikilinks, categories, headline... etc.)
Some of the guidelines (normally style guidelines) may be relaxed for Breaking news articles, if a quick publication of the article is considered important.