The story is genuine 
Back to article
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
This is a tit for tat gang related crime.
What is England's gun laws?--KDP3 (talk) 23:40, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- Even in the US, most gun-related crimes are committed with illegally acquired weapons, so how the murder weapon was acquired is almost certainly illegal. If you meant that more as, "what's the punishment in the UK"... let's remember that the string of jealous husbands convicted of murder in the past 6 months can get parole in less than 20 years. Those were terribly intimate murders, so I wouldn't expect much from this. --Fishy c (talk) 00:08, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- Using a gun is supposed to get you a longer sentence in Enlgand and Wales. Like the States, every gun must be regiatered and every owner must be licensed. However, I get the impression it is stricter accross the UK and I'm certain there are far fewer guns per head of population. Most of those aren't handguns either; at least, not the legally owned ones. Those are mostly rifles and shotguns for hunting. Blood Red Sandman (Talk) (Contribs) 00:12, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks.--KDP3 (talk) 05:34, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
I would have to say its more of a culture thing, the choice of weapon. The U.S has more handgun murders, because of the prevalency of handguns, but it has around the same murder rate as other countries 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:41, 28 January 2010 (UTC)