Comments:Earthquake strikes southern California
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
- My brother was 100km from the epicentre and said he didn't feel it, though some of his coworkers did. Wikidsoup (talk) 21:29, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- The news are overplaying it.--220.127.116.11 23:37, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
Nigga dat shit was crazy dude for only 4secs. i was in the Tallest Building in LA the library tower 66 floor.
While the trend of several 5.0+ quakes in the last 2 days is of concern, a single 5.X level quake in California is fairly boring. According to the USGS, this is the 4th 5.0+ quake in CA in 2007 & 2008. So on average, 2 a year. They hardly do any damage anyways. Until it gets to 6.0+ (yes, there is a major difference between 5.8 and 6.0), it is not really much to write home about. --ShakataGaNai (talk) 03:55, 31 July 2008 (UTC)