Rodrigo Ortúzar announces plans to dramatize Chilean miners' stories
Saturday, September 4, 2010
After it was confirmed the miners were alive, Ortúzar started to work on the project. The movie is to be named Los 33 (English: The 33). "I said to one of my previous investors that if there was just one survivor, this would be a great movie, and well it wasn't one but 33, something that generates the first disgrace or tragedy to have a happy ending," Ortúzar told to Teletrece.
Ortúzar is already filming in Copiapó. This footage will be mixed with the dramatization. The movie is to be officially filmed in 2011, and will be released in theatres in 2012.
Related stories 
- Race to save Chilean miners trapped underground from spiralling into depression continues. — Wikinews, 2 September 2010
- Chilean miners trapped after mine collapse; miscalculated drilling delays rescue. — Wikinews, 11 August 2010
- "Ortúzar planea película sobre mineros atrapados en el norte" — , September 3, 2010 (Spanish)
- "Película de los 33 mineros atrapados afina detalles de su producción" — , September 3, 2010 (Spanish)
- "Película “Los 33” contará la historia de mineros atrapados en mina San José" — , September 3, 2010 (Spanish)