User talk:Humus sapiens
Humus sapiens, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
The right path to editing 
Precisely the right path, Humus sapiens! Under that there should be a link to Lead articles. Click on one of those links to edit the lead articles. If you have any more questions, be sure to ask me! NGerda June 29, 2005 03:11 (UTC)
- Collaborative collaboration is what we do at Wikinews! Psst. I thought I'd let you know that I once was a Wikipedian too before coming over to Wikinews. Here's my biggest piece of advice: be prepared for the time element. Things happen very quickly at Wikinews, and don't be afraid of Recent changes list! Oh, and one more thing! Check out Wikinews IRC! NGerda June 29, 2005 03:19 (UTC)
This is your last warning. The next time you vandalize a page, you will be blocked from editing Wikinews. Please use Wikinews:Sandbox for any other tests you want to do, since testing in articles will be reverted quickly. Zeest(Talk)(Newpages) 09:14, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
- "Warnings" about "extremism" are a violation of WN:CIVIL and WN:NPA. Next time you "warn" anybody in this manner, you will be blocked. Zeest(Talk)(Newpages) 09:34, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
There is predominant acceptance of the Israeli view on related matters in the wiki projects. The Israeli's and supporters have made that view the only acceptable one in the wiki projects and limit the Arab view. Understandably Israeli's arrived in greater numbers first and concern over bigotry against Israeli's is just, but for equal reasons the Arab views need report. Denied sovereignty in large part as well before national unification, this is often neglected. Both struggled, both are due respect for struggling. With greater Arab involvement it is possible to adapt wiki content to include Arab views alongside Israeli views avoid favor to one side or the other. The old guard of different projects influence the newer, but knowing as much that the natural cultural differences between the projects exist, why abuse from misapplication of beliefs from one in another? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- First, please try not to label others. You may be mistaken. We are all wikipedians and volunteers here. In this case, we are dealing with abusive and irresponsible admin here.
- Second, see WN:NPOV. Anyone is free to hold any POV they wish, but it should not affect their editing or their adminship.
- Third, you seem to hold that the Holocaust denial and calling for destruction of Israel is an "Arab view". From what I know, it is an extremist (note: not ethnic/religious label) view that does not belong here - just as any other extremist view. ←Humus sapiens ну? 23:40, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
I base my comments on interpretation that enthusiastic actions are motivated by emotion, that emotion based on elements of Israeli nationalism and Arab pan-nationalism contributes to conflict, and belief that calling those attributes what they are is simply being direct. I do not mean to say every concern over bigotry in Arab/Israeli disputes is political but so far that is the limit for news here. Views exist outside in other venues, but in the areas where politics combines with religious belief it is the most significant. Wikipedia is. Wikinews is. Separate and distinct policies and interpretations of policies, but common threads in emotional appeal for manipulation. There has been a stream of declared Israeli and zealous advocates from wikipedia in the past months assaulting PVJ, who is alone in trying to normalise news coverage with the Arab view. You may be neither, so it has no absolute relation but in argument this is the division. It may not be your intent but your efforts so far only incite emotional agitation unnecessarily, anger and distrust. Consider your actions in this context to understand that in addition to what you say and think based on experience in wikipedia and the skew when done on wikinews, there is a general assault occurring on wikinews against the Arab view being covered at all.
- You are mistaken on many points, but this is not an internet forum and I am not going to engage in general discussions. For the rest (including what you call "the Arab view"), see my 3 points above. Thanks. ←Humus sapiens ну? 06:33, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
Al jazeera 
- Sure, but using their POV expression without attributing it is against WN:NPOV policy. ←Humus sapiens ну? 12:17, 19 November 2006 (UTC)