Kitch, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! → CGorman (Talk) 11:43, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
We stopped accepting photo's under that license (All images have to allow commercial reproduction), to continue using it, you have to get the author to give it under a different license (try for cc-by-sa-2.5 or GFDL), or you can find another image. See the paragraph on the left here for information on getting the author to relicense. Bawolff ☺☻ 01:56, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Bridge Collapse 
Hello, I noticed that you added this on Feb 25 with a Feb 23 date. The concept of Wikinews is that we cannot report from the past. So articles should be dated with the date they are written and not the date of the event or the date the sources use. Further it could get pushed back if it doesn't get published on the day it is written. Cheers and happy editing. --SVTCobra 01:39, 26 February 2008 (UTC)