MatthewMitchell, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay! If you haven't done so already, you may want to create an account.
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
- Wikinews:Newsroom - The comunity portal
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 23:57, 18 January 2006 (UTC)
edits on CNN hires three conservative commentators 
Those are some great background paragraphs! However, factual statements on Wikinews have to be supported with a source. If you can find a source to support those paragraphs please add them back in. Thanks for the contributions! - Amgine | talk en.WN 04:22, 19 January 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for that prepared story; however if it is a prepared story it should be under Wikinews:Story preparation. I have move it their for you. Keep up the good work. Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 22:59, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
- You have done some good work on that story; Thanks Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 04:02, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
Wikinews desperately needs more gutsy reporters; please give the project as much time as you can spare. Neutralizer 18:10, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
Lousy english ! 
(smile) : i prefere Continental English ! and thanks for the correct english (smile) Jacques Divol 16:03, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
- I am afraid, i am translating myself ...
Hey Matt 
- Matt I need help with my article they took it down because I hadn't told the reason why he got kicked out even though I did and now they're saying because of NPOV even though its not POV
- Don't worry about it, I took care of it.
mea culpa 
forget about it... we all strive to write better and more precise reports. with practice comes experience in the fact that sometimes we impress ourself, other times we impress only others, and when it's really bad (no one cares) :) -Edbrown05 04:44, 8 February 2006 (UTC)