This page coordinates efforts to retain individuals who have made a noticeable contribution to the community, but appear to no longer be editing, usually through the sending of friendly "Stop Loss" emails to users who disappear for an extended period of time. Such emails consist of a short, personal, & friendly message thanking them for their past contributions, and expressing a hope that they continue to edit in the future.
Here the notion of "noticeable contribution" is necessarily subjective; however, one criteria would be writing two or three normal length Wikinews articles, one long & indepth article, or doing any original reporting.
You may send editors an email by going to their user page and pressing the "E-mail this user" link in the toolbox.
Missing Editors 
This section contains the list of missing editors whom no one has mailed yet. You should use this section to gain information about missing people (Are they missing for a reason?), and/or ask others to send a "Stop Loss" mail if you don't with to do it yourself (Maybe your personalities conflict?).
- user:NGerda - From what i can tell, didn't like switch from PD - CC-BY - Bawolff ☺☻ 23:22, 17 January 2006 (UTC)
- At never again wiki. Bawolff ☺☻ 22:13, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
Mailed Editors 
This section contains the list of missing editors whom have been mailed by someone. Please list below anyone you mail as a result of seeing their name listed on this page. You may send duplicate mails too, but spamming should be avoided.
- DV - see his talk page ( I have not linked to it because I don't know how to spell his name, but he was an extremly valuable contributer) (left pretty much when I was just reading and not contributing, so not 100% sure) Bawolff ☺☻ 23:22, 17 January 2006 (UTC) Altered by Nyarlathotep 18:02, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
- I've sent the following, not sure its personal enough, but hey. Nyarlathotep 17:48, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- Hello, I only joined wikinews about the time you left, but I'm the one sending out "Stop Loss" emails, so your hearing from me. :) We seem to be having an interesinting spike in readership now, although its not really translatinng into an increased number of articles yet. Anyway, drop by & say hello to people if you have the time, Jeff
- MateoP Is he just absent due to moving or related? No edits since Jan 6th. Nyarlathotep 18:02, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
- i've sent the following. Nyarlathotep 17:48, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- Hey, we've noticed your absence on wikinews for the past month, and the corresponding drop in South American news coverage. I vageuly recall that you were moving, so I'm not sure if you've got internet & such set up yet, but I doubt you'll mind getting the one "Stop Loss" email. Anyway, drop by if you have the time, Jeff
- Nope, I stopped coming here due to a general eurocentric attitude of contributors as well as a perceived top-down structure formed by the administrators that I disagree with. I might start working with the spanish wikinews when i have more time. --MateoP 18:33, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
Mail Ideas 
You can add sample emails or suggestions below to help give people ideas.
- Hey, I noticed you haven't edited in two weeks. I really liked your work on _story_. Hope to see you around!
- I should've mentioned the Accreditation policy in the mail to DV.