2007 Baseball World Cup: Quarter Finalists appeared last 2 days with some disputes
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Before the Quarter Final of 2007 Baseball World Cup, there had some conflicts and disputes at last 2 days' group qualification.
- 1 Netherlands ended Cuba's winning-streak legend
- 2 A simple game faded with some political bullies' entrances in Taichung
- 3 Mexico replaced Panama's qualification due to problems of Panama's insurance premium
- 4 Other Results
- 5 Final Standings of Group Matches
- 6 Tomorrow's Fixtures for Quarter Final
- 7 Sources
Netherlands ended Cuba's winning-streak legend
Formerly, Netherlands wasn't afraid of Cuba's strength because they ever won Cuba with 4-2 at 2000 Sydney Olympics, and competed with Cuba to a 11-innings' extra match, though they finally lost with Cuba's winning hit.
Before the 8th inning of this match, a pitching competition tied this game with 1-1. But in the bottom of 8th inning, Sharnol Adriana hit a key hit with 1 RBI when Cuba's relief pitcher Jonder Martinez was in a unsteady condition. With this key RBI, Netherlands finally ended Cuba's legend by winning this game with 2-1.
A simple game faded with some political bullies' entrances in Taichung
The host team (Chinese Taipei) battled USA in Taichung with a fantastic batting game, but in the side of this game, some councilors from Taichung City and supporters from councilors bully entered the stadium with illegal privileges. After this scandal spread out to Taichung City Government, Jason Hu, the Mayor of Taichung, angered on this scandal and ordered polices and organizations from 2007 BWC investigating this scandal with justice.
Mexico replaced Panama's qualification due to problems of Panama's insurance premium
According to IBAF and MLB, if one or more MLB players participate international games like BWC or Intercontinental Cup, affiliated teams with those (MLB) players should pay the insurance premium to complete the registration before the start of every game. But Panama Team was confiscated the winning to Spain because they (Panama) didn't pay the premium at a match to Spain. IBAF finally judged Spain won Panama with 9A-0 by this violation. Comparison to the fixtures and statistics, Panama was eliminated and Mexico Team replaced Panama's qualification at Group A.
Day 7 (November 13)
- Cuba 11A-1 Thailand
- Germany 2-4 Australia
- Venezuela 3-6 Canada
- Netherlands 5-1 South Korea
Day 8 (November 14)
- Spain 3-4 Japan
- Italy 2-11 Mexico
- South Africa 3-13A Panama
- USA 10-7 Chinese Taipei
- South Korea 8-1 Germany
- Australia 7-6 Canada
- Thailand 3-17A Venezuela
Final Standings of Group Matches
- Qualified Team with Bold Texts.
- Due to the problem of insurance premium, Panama was confiscated the winning to Spain.
- Canada and South Korea both won 4 games and lost 3 games, but Korea finally qualified because a winning game from Canada with 5-0.
|Group A||Win||Lose||Winning Rate||Group B||Win||Lose||Winning Rate|
Tomorrow's Fixtures for Quarter Final
- Japan (A3) vs Australia (B2)
- Mexico (A4) vs Cuba (B1)
- Netherlands (B3) vs Chinese Taipei (A2)
- South Korea (B4) vs USA (A1)
|This is a complete or partial translation of the article "2007世界杯棒球賽 爭議中產生八強", from the Chinese language Wikinews, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.|