2007 FIFA U20 World Cup: Austria, Czech Republic, Spain and US make it to quarters
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Austria beat Gambia 2-1 when Austrian substitute Erwin Hoffer scored in the 81st minute. The Americans came from behind to beat Uruguay 2-1 in extra time. The Czech Republic beat Japan on penalty kicks after coming level on 2 penalty kicks in normal time and Spain knocked out Brazil 4-2 in extra time with 1 goal in each of the 2 extra periods.
In the quarter-finals, Austria will play the United States, Czech Republic will face Spain, the winner of Chile/Portugal will face the winner of Nigeria/Zambia and the winner of Argentina/Poland will face the winner of Mexico/Congo.
Summary from the round of 16
- Austria wins 2-1 against Gambia.
- United States wins 2-1 in extra time against Uruguay.
- Spain wins 4-2 in extra time against Brazil.
- Czech Republic wins 4-3 against Japan after penalty shootout. Score was level 2-2 after extra time.
- "Match Report: Spain vs. Brazil" — , July 12, 2007
- "Match Report: Japan vs. Czech Republic" — , July 12, 2007
- "Match Report: Austria vs. Gambia" — , July 11, 2007
- "Match Report: United States vs. Uruguay" — , July 11, 2007