2008 Tour de Taiwan Stage 2: European & American cyclists rise up
Monday, March 10, 2008
The 2008 Tour de Taiwan in Pingtung County, started its second stage in the Pingtung Tropic Agriculture Exposition Park (in Chinese: 屏東熱博園區) and raced around Pingtung Orchid Fern Bicycle Lane (in Chinese: 屏東蘭花蕨自行車道) completing 8 laps today. The cyclists' speed, endurance, and physical strength played the key roles in this stage.
In the intermediate period of this race, Sea Keong Loh, Kenichiro Tose, Peter Morse, and Angus Morton ever successively sprinted for a short-term lead, but the "main group" caught up and made up the difference in just a short distance. Finally, 93 riders in the main group finished this race in 2H21m47s, but Marek Wesoły reached the finish line first to win the stage champion.
After races in Kaohsiung and Pingtung, Kam-po Wong and Po-hung Wu (巫帛宏) held the lead respectively in Asian and Taiwan Group, John Murphy got winning in the overall and sprint class.
- Stage Results
- Stage Champion: Marek Wesoły (Merida Europe)
- Asian Leader: Sung-baek Park (Korea Seoul City Cycling, Overall in 2nd)
- Taiwan Leader: Wei-chieh Liu (Taiwan Kinan CCD, Overall in 11th)
- Overall Results
- General Champion (Yellow Jersey): John Murphy (Health Net Pro Cycling Team)
- Asian Leader (Blue Jersey): Kam-po Wong (Hong Kong Pro Cycling)
- Taiwan Leader (White Jersey): Po-hung Wu (Taiwan Kinan CCD)
- Sprint Leader (Green Jersey): John Murphy
- Group Leader: Merida Europe
- All the sources are in Chinese language.
|This is a complete or partial translation of the article "2008國際自由車環台賽 歐美選手榮耀屏東站", from the Chinese language Wikinews, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.|
- "國際自由車環台賽》美利達馬瑞克第二站稱王" — , 2008年3月10日
- Candy Hsu. "〈自由車環台賽〉第二站 歐洲隊「蒼蠅」摘冠" — , March 10, 2008
- Jhih-hsuan Kuo. "國際自由車環台賽美國瑪吉斯墨菲登衝刺車" — , March 10, 2008
- "〈國際自由車環台賽〉馬瑞克第二站稱王 總排名躍居第二" — , March 10, 2008