2008 Tour de Taiwan Stage 4: Intensive circulation at Taichung City
Thursday, March 13, 2008
The Taichung City Stage of Tour de Taiwan 2008, approved by several executives since the first time set up in the Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium last year, raced today around the Wen-shin Forest Park near Shiang-shang Road, Wen-shin Road, Da-duen 7th Street, and He-nan Road Sec. 4.
It's a short-term circulation, however. But due to a few differences on land ranges, not every cyclist can keep the leading in a long-period. Finally, the "main group" with 90 participated cyclists passed the finish line, but Krzysztof Jeżowski from Merida Europe narrowly touched the finish line first to win the stage champion.
After the race, Wikinews Reporter Rico Shen briefly questioned Jeżowski about next 4 stages in Tour de Taiwan, he commented that he and his teammate will do several attempts to win the stage champions in next 4 stages to repay on anticipations by some cycling fans.
Final results in Taichung Stage
- Stage Champion: Krzysztof Jeżowski (Merida Europe)
- Asian Leader (Blue Jersey): Taiji Nishitani (Aisan Racing Team)
- Taiwan Leader (White Jersey): Kuan-hua Lai (Giant Asia Racing Team)
- Sprint Leader (Green Jersey): John Murphy (Health Net Pro Cycling Team)
- General Leader (Yellow Jersey): John Murphy
- Group Leader: Giant Asia Racing Team
|This is a complete or partial translation of the article "2008國際自由車環台賽_台中站大轉變", from the Chinese language Wikinews, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.|