2021 rugby union season on Australia's Sunshine Coast to culminate with September 18 Grand Final
Thursday, August 19, 2021
The Sunshine Coast Rugby Union announced on last Wednesday their 2021 season is now scheduled to restart on August 28 with the Grand Final scheduled for September 18. There is one regular round to be played then three weeks of finals.
This timing comes after eleven local government areas, including the, were locked down for eight days on July 31. Restrictions were not fully lifted with community sport not being permitted in any organised manner. Limited informal training will be permitted until August 22 at 4 PM local time (0600 UTC) with games scheduled to resume on August 28.
The remaining games include the final round of the regular home and away season and three weeks of finals. There are two games in the final round that will determined which teams are playing in which semi finals.
- Sunshine Coast Rugby Union. "Senior rugby resumes" — , August 18, 2021
- "SCRU Senior Women" — , August 11, 2021 (access date)
- "SCRU A grade" — , August 11, 2021 (access date)
- "Restrictions for Impacted Areas – South East Queensland" — , August 11, 2021 (access date)
- Sunshine Coast News and AAP. "Joy as lockdown lifted across SEQ, but Premier warns us to stay close to home" — , August 8, 2021
- Kat Donaghey. "The South-East Queensland lockdown will be extended to Sunday after 13 new cases" — , August 2, 2021
- Kat Donaghey. "'No movement, stay at home': Sunshine Coast enters strictest lockdown" — , July 31, 2021