Air Pacific re-brands as Fiji Airways
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Fiji's national airlinehas now officially returned to its original name: Fiji Airways. Fiji Airways adopted the Air Pacific name in 1971, slightly prior to its first international flight on June 3, 1973. The re-brand was described by interim CEO Aubrey Swift as allowing the airline to align itself "closer with Fiji as a destination". The name change is designed in part to reduce the confusion which surrounded the name Air Pacific. Swift noted that "Air Pacific just didn’t resonate with our customers" and said that same people "thought we were an air conditioning company".
Along with the name change, the airline has redesigned its website, and changed the name of each of its classes of service. Pacific Voyager and Tabua Class have been replaced with economy and business class respectively. The airline has also introduced plans to overhaul its fleet of olderwith . It has said that the completion of this overhaul and the re-branding efforts will be completed by the end of the year.
The airline's new brand-mark and livery features adesign created by Fijian artist, Makereta Matemosi. The new identity is to "symbolises the airline's new identity and epitomises all that Fiji Airways represents. It is authentic, distinctive, and true to the airline's Fijian roots”, the airline said.
- Steve Jones. "This is just the start, says Fiji Airways" — , June 28, 2018
- Ben Mutzabaygh. "New-look Fiji Airways officially debuts today" — , June 27, 2013
- "Air Pacific makes way for Fiji Airways" — , June 27, 2013
- Repeka Nasiko. "New era begins for Fiji Airways" — , June 28, 2013
- Felix Chaudhary. "The Making of a distinct Fijian airline" — , June 28, 2013