Al-Qaeda says another bin Laden tape to be released
Monday, September 10, 2007
The second tape was reportedly recorded from the same spot as the video that was released last week.
"Coming soon, God willing, from the testaments of the martyrs of the New York and Washington attacks: The testament of the martyr Abu Musab Waleed al-Shehri, presented by Sheik Osama bin Laden, God preserve him," said a banner that was posted by As-Sahab on an extremist website which is frequented by al-Qaeda and other extremists.
According to the United States based terrorist monitoring group, IntelCenter, the video will be released within the next 24 hours, but it is not known if bin Laden will actually appear in the video, or if an audio recording of his voice will just be present. Some reports suggest that the video will feature new images of bin Laden.
Bin Laden appeared for the first time in a video since 2004 when he released a video on September 7, 2007.
- "Osama bin Laden to release message to US on six year anniversary of 9/11" — Wikinews, September 7, 2007
- "Al Qaeda and Hezbollah: New threats to the US" — , September 10, 2007
- Lee Keath. "al-Qaida Says 2nd Bin Laden Video Coming" — , September 10, 2007
- Camilla Hall & Robin Stringer. "Bin Laden to Release New Video With 9/11 Hijacker's Testament" — , September 10, 2007
- Brian Ross. "Second Bin Laden Tape Expected" — , September 10, 2007